Groups

Dual Layered Discs Needed

Had a hell of a night. Tried Sainsburys, Asda and Tesco trying to find DL discs.

Has anyone seen a decent deal for verbatims lately? Its for my xbox 360 games backups.

19 Comments

There's some aones on ebay?

Met-Cast;6182190

There's some aones on ebay?

But the quality isn't great, Verbatims are £1.09 each from play.com

Original Poster

Saw this - Good deal? - play.com/PC/…tml

hippyharry;6182246

Saw this - Good deal? - … Saw this - Good deal? - http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/7871837/Verbatim-43666-DVD+R-8x-Dual-Layer-Disc-10-spindle/Product.html

Indeed, thats a 9 pence saving per disk on their usual price :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Ok, cheers. Will buy these ones!

teambintip;6182209

But the quality isn't great, Verbatims are £1.09 each from play.com

What does that matter to the discs? I heard the aones are quite good for £6 cheaper? What difference would it make?

Theres none better available. Amyone who uses a 40p disk for their "backups" is just being tight

Met-Cast;6182271

What does that matter to the discs? I heard the aones are quite good for … What does that matter to the discs? I heard the aones are quite good for £6 cheaper? What difference would it make?

Mucho strain on the drive laser for a start

Original Poster

Thanks again mate.

Bought those ones there. I have DVD-R DL here and had some xbox games to back up, but didnt realise i need DVD+R DL else the layerbreak doesnt work

these are on a one day special starting at midday wednesday 4pks of 25 for £34.99 delivered
    new.ukdvdr.co.uk/pro…%29

It's a bit of a non-issue though isn't it? If you can get the dirt cheap discs to read fine once you can simply install to the hard drive and be done with it.

That said I only buy Verbatim for now.

abomination;6182334

It's a bit of a non-issue though isn't it? If you can get the dirt cheap … It's a bit of a non-issue though isn't it? If you can get the dirt cheap discs to read fine once you can simply install to the hard drive and be done with it.That said I only buy Verbatim for now.

^^ This:)

abomination;6182334

It's a bit of a non-issue though isn't it? If you can get the dirt cheap … It's a bit of a non-issue though isn't it? If you can get the dirt cheap discs to read fine once you can simply install to the hard drive and be done with it.That said I only buy Verbatim for now.

ONE POUND (!!!) is a lot of money though i suppose :roll:

Original Poster

Whats the general experience with the Memorex ones?

I see Maplin have 25 pk for £19.99

What originals? Oh the originals.... I must have misplaced those. :whistling:

This must be the first legit 360 backup thread I've seen!

Aww you edited the post - continuity just went out the window.

abomination;6182380

What originals? Oh the originals.... I must have misplaced those. … What originals? Oh the originals.... I must have misplaced those. :whistling:This must be the first legit 360 backup thread I've seen!

Besides it's illegal to copy xbox 360 discs, for backups.

Says so on the disc.

http://www.covershut.com/cd_covers/Ghostbusters-The-Video-Game-Cd-Cover-552.jpg

above Teen, if your eyes can read it

Original Poster

raptorcigs;6182491

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/10pcs-Cakebox-Aone-Plusplus-DVD-PR-AONE-DL-8X-10C-85Gb-DVDplusR-DL-8x-Dual-Layer-Branded-240minnuf said

annoying one with that is i need to spend over £20 to save money on delivery.

raptorcigs;6182491

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/10pcs-Cakebox-Aone-Plusplus-DVD-PR-AONE-DL-8X-10C-85Gb-DVDplusR-DL-8x-Dual-Layer-Branded-240minnuf said

Same ones I bought but got full printable for £4.28 on ebay.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?817
      2. love affairs810
      3. word association Game73844475
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767217

See more discussions