Groups

Dubai Airport Loungue - advise

Hi
    My wait time in Duabi on a Friday in Feb is almost 7 hours so i tried for day trip it looks like doesn't work, I am travelling with a 10 years old so was wondering what best to spend at airport.
    I will be reaching terminal 3 at 7.45 and my next flight is 14:45 on Emirates so wondering any suggestions on lounges for quick shower and couple of hours rest?

13 Comments

should have paid lounges with shower facilities try looking at airports website maybe
    no way do you have enough time for a day trip
    good luck in your search

It sounds like a long time but in fact it's not hard to spend the time at Dubai airport if you like shopping and eating! Plus, transfer from one terminal to another can take almost an hour. As mattmerch says, look for info about facilities on the airport website.

Original Poster

mattmerch

should have paid lounges with shower facilities try looking at airports … should have paid lounges with shower facilities try looking at airports website maybe no way do you have enough time for a day trip good luck in your search

thanks looked for loungues they are costing almost 30 per person for 90 for 3 of us oO

techsavvy

thanks looked for loungues they are costing almost 30 per person for 90 … thanks looked for loungues they are costing almost 30 per person for 90 for 3 of us oO

Yeah around USD 40-50 per person is about normal for airport lounges. Also be aware that in many cases you are only paying for a maximum of 3 hours in the lounge, and it's really hit or miss as to whether the staff follow that to the letter. I've been in a situation with a long layover where they wouldn't even let me pay to enter the lounge until exactly 3 hours before the boarding time of my onward flight.

techsavvy

thanks looked for loungues they are costing almost 30 per person for 90 … thanks looked for loungues they are costing almost 30 per person for 90 for 3 of us oO

sounds about the going rate best airport for long layover in my opinion Changi

Edited by: "mattmerch" 9th Jan

Having flown through and to Dubai on business and pleasure, I would advise using a lounge wherever you can. Even in the ultra modern terminals the toilets, and this was 5 years ago, can be a little fragrant and unpleasant. lounge Access was included on by credit card so can't comment in costs. Agree with other posters, you will need to stay in the airport. Being aware of local customs is also a benefit when staying in a foreign country even for a short time.

if you fly a few times a year, something like this may be of use. This is just one example there are others prioritypass.com/en/…HAQ

you may have a problem, on a site I just looked at it appears that the lounges that the comparison site can access at DXB don't allow children.....

check if children are allowed, UAE can be a bit odd.....

techsavvy

Yes, but that in context of the cost of the overall trip

techsavvy

If this includes free food & beverages then £90 doesn't sound too bad.

Original Poster

Thank you everyone for useful responses
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions