Groups

Dubai bankrupt!

I have been predicting this for ages! seems to have gone the way of Iceland not

at least Kerry Katona won't get the blame this time!

16 Comments

linky?

Read a little into this this morning.

Struggling to pay debts :?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

The moves followed news from the state-owned Dubai World that it would … The moves followed news from the state-owned Dubai World that it would delay repaying some of its debt.

Another bubble has burst.........

Original Poster

jasonodell;7022481

linky?

its in most of the papers mate, check the times or the FT

Banned

at least petrol prices should come down lol

some comfort for the expected return to a world recession if dubai does fail

Banned

was on the news last night

affected all the stock exchanges worldwide although not any where near the lehman bros fiasco

if dubais is in the crap then that will knock on over here im afraid as a lot of financial institutes etc have invested in dubai thinking it was sfae with oil.......not the case

hassony;7022515

its in most of the papers mate, check the times or the FT

havnt a chance yet to read any, stupid desk job

Banned

jasonodell;7022551

havnt a chance yet to read any, stupid desk job

:?

casparwhite;7022539

was on the news last nightaffected all the stock exchanges worldwide … was on the news last nightaffected all the stock exchanges worldwide although not any where near the lehman bros fiascoif dubais is in the crap then that will knock on over here im afraid as a lot of financial institutes etc have invested in dubai thinking it was sfae with oil.......not the case

+1

Just as people think the recession is over...... it's about to start all over again :w00t:

Although it all depends on if they're bailed out by their neighbouring states or not.

Original Poster

casparwhite;7022539

was on the news last nightaffected all the stock exchanges worldwide … was on the news last nightaffected all the stock exchanges worldwide although not any where near the lehman bros fiascoif dubais is in the crap then that will knock on over here im afraid as a lot of financial institutes etc have invested in dubai thinking it was sfae with oil.......not the case

half of london it seems is owned by Dubai, they will have to sell many of their properties and investments in the UK

Banned

midlandscomics;7022586

+1Just as people think the recession is over...... it's about to start … +1Just as people think the recession is over...... it's about to start all over again :w00t: Although it all depends on if they're bailed out by their neighbouring states or not.

the dubai government you mean:)

Banned

hassony;7022613

half of london it seems is owned by Dubai, they will have to sell many of … half of london it seems is owned by Dubai, they will have to sell many of their properties and investments in the UK

nope, the oil barons own properties here but the properties in dubai are financed by other countries investing like us.........shrewd very shrewd

property prices have more or less halved over there and british companies building there are owed a lot of cash

Original Poster

midlandscomics;7022586

+1Just as people think the recession is over...... it's about to start … +1Just as people think the recession is over...... it's about to start all over again :w00t: Although it all depends on if they're bailed out by their neighbouring states or not.

they'll probably will be, as Abu Dhabi is still oil rich, while Dubai doesn't seem to have much oil

I will watch Dubai news today when I get home, I won't be surprised if this isn't even mentioned

casparwhite;7022631

the dubai government you mean:)

I suppose it ******s up any plans the maktoums had to buy out the two Americans at our club :cry:

Original Poster

casparwhite;7022642

nope, the oil barons own properties here but the properties in dubai are … nope, the oil barons own properties here but the properties in dubai are financed by other countries investing like us.........shrewd very shrewdproperty prices have more or less halved over there

must be one hell of a monopoly player

Original Poster

midlandscomics;7022649

I suppose it ******s up any plans the maktoums had to buy out the two … I suppose it ******s up any plans the maktoums had to buy out the two Americans at our club :cry:

I think that idea died a long time ago
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming Monitor33
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?11
      3. Car park fine UKPC55
      4. debenhams lancome order11

See more discussions