Dubai holiday

Found 20th May
Hi,

In a month or so me and some friends are travelling to Dubai, I just wondered whether anyone has an idea about food or if there are any vouchers available as the food is quite expensive

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Well it really depends on your hotel.. My hotel had all types of food including fish & chips But if you prefer to eat outside the hotel, there is kfc, Burger King even Nando’s... food is not expensive because when you exchange great british pounds to dirhams (dubai currency) it is not expensive.
The expensive stuff in Dubai is at the mall when you go shop... and activities are not that cheap. Dubai is very expensive but considering we go there with Pounds, it’s not that bad..
Get “The Entertainer” book/app. Buy one get one free on food, activities and more.
Wish I’d have known about it when I went. As I could have saved loads.

As for the poster above. Food can get quite expensive depending on where you go.
If all you’re eating is fast food from the food courts at the mall then probably not too expensive.
Edited by: "Simba92" 20th May
If in doubt, take enough jam butties for the duration
I've never understood the appeal of dubai. Apart from shopping malls and water parks, what else is there? I'm a great one for culture and museums, Would I find anything to interest me? I'd love to go see all those fancy hotels but that wouldn't take me long, is there anything else to see?
psychobitchfromhell25 m ago

I've never understood the appeal of dubai. Apart from shopping malls and …I've never understood the appeal of dubai. Apart from shopping malls and water parks, what else is there? I'm a great one for culture and museums, Would I find anything to interest me? I'd love to go see all those fancy hotels but that wouldn't take me long, is there anything else to see?

In all honesty I always said the same. Last year though I had to visit for a work trip, for the half day I actually got free It impressed me enough to wish to go back, although personally I'd say 4-5 days would be enough. We just did a hopon bus tour and dhow cruise. The Al Fahidi Fort & Dubai Museum actually looked quite good and Al Ain Palace Museum, so did the spice souk (though probably similar to the ones in Tunisia/Morroco)
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 20th May
cecilmcroberts7 m ago

In all honesty I always said the same. Last year though I had to visit for …In all honesty I always said the same. Last year though I had to visit for a work trip, for the half day I actually got free It impressed me enough to wish to go back, although personally I'd say 4-5 days would be enough. We just did a hopon bus tour and dhow cruise. The Al Fahidi Fort & Dubai Museum actually looked quite good and Al Ain Palace Museum, so did the spice souk (though probably similar to the ones in Tunisia/Morroco)

Part of a multi trip then or a very luxurious long weekend.
psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

Part of a multi trip then or a very luxurious long weekend.

Yeah I'd go for a multitrip and tie it in with somewhere else.
Thanks so much to all the people who have commented above, really appreciate it!!!! I've looked into the entertainer app and it's nearly £80!!! Don't suppose anyone has the app already??

thanks a lot for all the responses again!!!
psychobitchfromhell7 h, 2 m ago

I've never understood the appeal of dubai. Apart from shopping malls and …I've never understood the appeal of dubai. Apart from shopping malls and water parks, what else is there? I'm a great one for culture and museums, Would I find anything to interest me? I'd love to go see all those fancy hotels but that wouldn't take me long, is there anything else to see?

It's the same with those that go to Ibiza etc. Nothing to see really but just sunbathing and so on to do. These holidays are for those who just want relax in the sun. If you want to see art and so on there are different places to go to. It's just a matter of preference.
hearts2214 m ago

It's the same with those that go to Ibiza etc. Nothing to see really but …It's the same with those that go to Ibiza etc. Nothing to see really but just sunbathing and so on to do. These holidays are for those who just want relax in the sun. If you want to see art and so on there are different places to go to. It's just a matter of preference.

Never been to Ibiza either. When I go on holiday i like to be relaxed but I want to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the place I am visiting. I can sit in the sun for about half an hour before I'm bored. Dubai probably isn't for me
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

Never been to Ibiza either. When I go on holiday i like to be relaxed but …Never been to Ibiza either. When I go on holiday i like to be relaxed but I want to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the place I am visiting. I can sit in the sun for about half an hour before I'm bored. Dubai probably isn't for me

Same. I hate sunbathing by the way!
hearts229 m ago

Same. I hate sunbathing by the way!

Can't be doing with it. I'm not that good on heat. If I've spent a couple of grand or whatever on a holiday, I want some memories to bring back. Horses for courses I suppose. I'd love to see Dubai but I think a couple of days would be enough for me. Op I hope you have a fabulous time.
Simba924 h, 53 m ago

Get “The Entertainer” book/app. Buy one get one free on food, activities an …Get “The Entertainer” book/app. Buy one get one free on food, activities and more. Wish I’d have known about it when I went. As I could have saved loads.As for the poster above. Food can get quite expensive depending on where you go. If all you’re eating is fast food from the food courts at the mall then probably not too expensive.

Well yeah obviously if you go for a la carte menu then it would be expensive. Like going to the famous steak restaurants such as Nusr et costed us more than the fast food restaurants... But dubai in general is not cheap and you should have a few thousands to spend to enjoy it to the max at a 5*.....
psychobitchfromhell4 h, 41 m ago

There’s loads of places to explore... like Burj khalifa which is the tallest building in the world and there’s the famous Burj Al Arab 7* Hotel which you can visit.. there’s loads more to do but if your a museum person then I wouldn’t recommend going Dubai because Dubai has only developed I mean 50 years ago it was a desert only so it hasn’t got much history but the white mosque in Abu Dhabi is amazing and worth going for a visit.... it’s only and hour away from Dubai
Merry0006 h, 56 m ago

There’s loads of places to explore... like Burj khalifa which is the t …There’s loads of places to explore... like Burj khalifa which is the tallest building in the world and there’s the famous Burj Al Arab 7* Hotel which you can visit.. there’s loads more to do but if your a museum person then I wouldn’t recommend going Dubai because Dubai has only developed I mean 50 years ago it was a desert only so it hasn’t got much history but the white mosque in Abu Dhabi is amazing and worth going for a visit.... it’s only and hour away from Dubai

i watched a programme about burj al arab once. So opulent. . How the other half live.
psychobitchfromhell4 h, 52 m ago

Can't be doing with it. I'm not that good on heat. If I've spent a couple …Can't be doing with it. I'm not that good on heat. If I've spent a couple of grand or whatever on a holiday, I want some memories to bring back. Horses for courses I suppose. I'd love to see Dubai but I think a couple of days would be enough for me. Op I hope you have a fabulous time.

Thanks so much!
Sahra123uk9 h, 18 m ago

Thanks so much!

Just in case you missed the link, the 25% off code is still valid for the bus tour we did. Below was the price we paid at the time.

visitdubai.com/en/…urs

33834190-yW9Ih.jpg
Includes the below also, although we didn't have enough time to head to Costa for the bogof coffee!

33834190-hBIT7.jpg
cecilmcroberts7 m ago

Just in case you missed the link, the 25% off code is still valid for the …Just in case you missed the link, the 25% off code is still valid for the bus tour we did. Below was the price we paid at the time. https://www.visitdubai.com/en/deals-and-offers/exclusive-discount-on-dubai-bus-tours[Image] Includes the below also, although we didn't have enough time to head to Costa for the bogof coffee![Image]

Hi thanks soo so much I really do appreciate your help!!!! Thanks again I will definitely have a look!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants