Groups
    EXPIRED

Ducks-they have no ambition do they?

Just went out to feed our ducks and the gate to the pen was wide open-must have been that way since daughter fed them at breakfast.

So did they make a break for freedom? see a bit of the world? nope-all still there quacking like the unambitious idiots they obviously are!

20 Comments

They are not very stupid, as they get food if they stay, and won't get run over/shot etc.

You mean see a bit of the world where being hunted and not finding food are real possibilities? As opposed to staying in a nice, secure area where they are guaranteed regular food?

They're not as stupid as you may think. Sounds to me like they already have everything they want out of life. For something as harmless as a duck the risk-reward balance probably makes having a dash not worth it when they have food.

Of course they probably haven't thought about it as in depth as that.

Sorry Haggis (my dog) for comparing you to ducks lol - but my dog is the same. In the summer I leave her out in the garden and there are tons of escape routes - but never once in twelve years has she ever wandered away.

Loyal ducks!

DarkKnight;8026349

They are not very stupid, as they get food if they stay, and won't get … They are not very stupid, as they get food if they stay, and won't get run over/shot etc.

How do they know they wont get a better feed elsewehere?

They have been off partying all day and just got back for tea, and having a good laugh at you thinking they have been there all day!:roll::-D

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8026397

They have been off partying all day and just got back for tea, and having … They have been off partying all day and just got back for tea, and having a good laugh at you thinking they have been there all day!:roll::-D

my daughter likes that theory!

Wait a minute, are we talking about these ducks?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Mighty_ducks.jpg

Or these ducks?

http://www.freefoto.com/images/01/08/01_08_34---Ducks_web.jpg

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8026397

They have been off partying all day and just got back for tea, and having … They have been off partying all day and just got back for tea, and having a good laugh at you thinking they have been there all day!:roll::-D

i like that theory 2

my dogs the same, they managed to escape from the back garden which opens out onto the alley which runs down the side of the house, found the dogs have a joyous time in next doors front garden, thats as far as their interest took them.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8026397

And I have the evidence to back it up. Saw them downtown doing a bit of shopping earlier:
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/images/STI0549564.jpg
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/images/STI0549569(1).jpg

daft question but if they wanted to escape could they not just fly away?

tatemze;8026455

i like that theory 2my dogs the same, they managed to escape from the … i like that theory 2my dogs the same, they managed to escape from the back garden which opens out onto the alley which runs down the side of the house, found the dogs have a joyous time in next doors front garden, thats as far as their interest took them.

I must be an animal too. There are many pubs close by but I only ever go to the one just round the corner!:?:)

Banned

Are they having ducklings?

Original Poster

DLM;8026480

Are they having ducklings?

no ducklings-guess as others have said they just love their home and why leave? I was sure when I saw the door open at least one of them would have been off.

Banned

barky;8026507

no ducklings-guess as others have said they just love their home and why … no ducklings-guess as others have said they just love their home and why leave? I was sure when I saw the door open at least one of them would have been off.

Aw, you must treat them well x x

Original Poster

jennybubbles;8026467

daft question but if they wanted to escape could they not just fly away?

the pen is fully enclosed

Yeah let's all have a dig at the ducks.

Mummy mummy...there's a man at the door with a bill.
    Don't be silly dear...it must be a duck with a hat on.

Sorry ....I'll go now

barky;8026521

the pen is fully enclosed

:oops: I thought that might have been the case just after I posted :lol:

were they sort of like sitting ducks?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4602158
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…77
      3. Samsung Note 81015
      4. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)512

See more discussions