Duplicate Delivery of Hand Sanitiser - Donating Spare? Derby

Posted 25th Mar
Hi All,

Ordered a large hand sanitiser to distribute amongst my grandparents who couldn’t find any. The retailer sent me a duplicate.

Not interested in selling it, however, can you give me an idea what the best place to donate it to would be?

Obviously I need to give the retailer an opportunity to collect it. I have sent one email and will send another one indicating if no reply is received by tomorrow I will donate to a good cause.

Based in Derby, any ideas would help
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
care homes,hospital,hospices all would appreciate it
Is this just 1 spare hand sanitiser
One of the companies that provide home care in your area. Not sure if they get the same priority as NHS establishments. Is there a voluntary charity in your area helping and visiting people with disabilities and the elderly?
yorkie1225/03/2020 08:24

One of the companies that provide home care in your area. Not sure if they …One of the companies that provide home care in your area. Not sure if they get the same priority as NHS establishments. Is there a voluntary charity in your area helping and visiting people with disabilities and the elderly?

Great idea, there is a voluntary charity I can contact.
Magda225/03/2020 07:27

care homes,hospital,hospices all would appreciate it

Thank you
You might want to check your legal position before giving the goods away. This from saga.co.uk but don’t know if this info is still valid as dated 2015.

saga.co.uk/mag…ake

“....if the order wasn't meant for you, if it was sent to you twice, or if there's extra stuff on top of what you ordered. In all these scenarios, they are not classed as unsolicited goods, they still belong to the trader and you should try to give them back.

Firms can take you to court to recover their goods, if you were to resist.

You will need to contact whoever sent the goods and ask them to collect them. This shouldn't cost you anything or inconvenience you in any way. You should also give the company a reasonable deadline to collect the items, of say, 14 days.“
Banana.Hammock25/03/2020 08:45

Thank you

Donate it and get a receipt for donation, in case you get comeback by company that sent you too many. As the previous comment stated, the goods belong to the sender. You did not contract for 2 , you contracted for 1.
splender25/03/2020 13:09

Donate it and get a receipt for donation, in case you get comeback by …Donate it and get a receipt for donation, in case you get comeback by company that sent you too many. As the previous comment stated, the goods belong to the sender. You did not contract for 2 , you contracted for 1.

Thank you for the advice. I want to be able to help, but I appreciate these companies can come back and screw you
Banana.Hammock25/03/2020 13:17

Thank you for the advice. I want to be able to help, but I appreciate …Thank you for the advice. I want to be able to help, but I appreciate these companies can come back and screw you

I doubt if they would dare to screw you if you showed a receipt for donation to a local care home. Chances are that you would never hear from them about this duplication, though careful with your card in case they debit you again as it could be a duplicate transaction rather than a duplicate delivery.
Edited by: "splender" 25th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants