Groups

duplicates

why do people continue to post duplicate posts without checking if its already been posted?????its so easy to check

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

26 Comments

Eh maybe because it isn't. It all depends on what you search, how some one posted it and even the spelling.
    Also normal search isn't chronological so it may not show you something posted today before something from last week.

I've not noticed any

I guess your referring to your post hotukdeals.com/dea…098
    Well if I was searching Doc McStuffins I'd never notice yours.

I once had someone repost a deal of mine, a few days after I posted the deal and they even copied the description I wrote word for word...... including my crap punctuation, so they obviously C&P'd it.

Banned

Maybe I'm being naive here, but why does it matter?
    Are you guys posting deals because you want to share with others, or is it because you want the heat/likes/whatever in order to get badges?

Villa

Maybe I'm being naive here, but why does it matter?Are you guys posting … Maybe I'm being naive here, but why does it matter?Are you guys posting deals because you want to share with others, or is it because you want the heat/likes/whatever in order to get badges?

I like to share, you like to be contentious. At least we have the choice,thanks for posting.
    Why do you post?

Banned

Oneday77

I like to share, you like to be contentious. At least we have the … I like to share, you like to be contentious. At least we have the choice,thanks for posting.Why do you post?

It was a serious question, as I don't understand why people would be annoyed that 'their' deal has been copied a while later.

I once had someone repost a deal of mine, a few days after I posted the deal and they even copied the description I wrote word for word...... including my crap punctuation, so they obviously C&P'd it.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IkVBikJlh1Y/T6QHyfIj0UI/AAAAAAAABGM/Tzl-EVRQ-ag/s1600/pointing-and-laughing.gif

Villa

It was a serious question, as I don't understand why people would be … It was a serious question, as I don't understand why people would be annoyed that 'their' deal has been copied a while later.

If anything, it makes the site a bit cluttered.
    Also it splits the information that people post. Things like where they've been found, how something works, can it be jail broken/unlocked/rooted/upgraded etc.
    reposts are allowed after 7 days which seems fair enough, 2-3 times a day is silly.

Original Poster

it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my phone,tablet and computer I just seatch

Original Poster

it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my phone,tablet and computer I just search for the merchant and clicj rye new posts section just to check no one else has posted, it just annoyed me yesterday as posted 4 deals this week which were all then reposted just few hours later

Original Poster

put it this way I always check out of courtesy to others, perhaps I wont bother anymore then,i just thought it was a rule,of the site

Original Poster

Villa

Maybe I'm being naive here, but why does it matter?Are you guys posting … Maybe I'm being naive here, but why does it matter?Are you guys posting deals because you want to share with others, or is it because you want the heat/likes/whatever in order to get badges?

Oh and hello fellow villa fan :-) it only matters cause its happened to all my posts this week literally hours after so just think people should check first as thought iy was a site rule

vikkiforbes18

it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my … it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my phone,tablet and computer I just seatch

vikkiforbes18

it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my … it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my phone,tablet and computer I just search for the merchant and clicj rye new posts section just to check no one else has posted, it just annoyed me yesterday as posted 4 deals this week which were all then reposted just few hours later

It annoys me when someone post's the same thing twice

Sorry , only teasing

Original Poster

vikkiforbes18

it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my … it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my phone,tablet and computer I just seatch

vikkiforbes18

it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my … it annoys me cause I get fed up of seeing the same posts and on my phone,tablet and computer I just search for the merchant and clicj rye new posts section just to check no one else has posted, it just annoyed me yesterday as posted 4 deals this week which were all then reposted just few hours later

lok

Original Poster

lol even im tired

Original Poster

Oneday77

I guess your referring to your post … I guess your referring to your post http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/walk-n-talk-doc-mobile-12-50-instore-tesco-2112098Well if I was searching Doc McStuffins I'd never notice yours.

No not referring to that referring to them all and i dont ever search a full title for something for example when i checked if this had already been posted before i did i searched 'clinic' and trhen searched and had quick look through tesco posts, it took me a minute or so and i had thought i had to do that as i thought it was a rule,obvioulsy i am mistaken, i am quite new to posting deals i just noticed that 4 of my deals this week were reposted within hours

Banned

vikkiforbes18

Oh and hello fellow villa fan :-) it only matters cause its happened to … Oh and hello fellow villa fan :-) it only matters cause its happened to all my posts this week literally hours after so just think people should check first as thought iy was a site rule

Why hello there.
    A/S/L?

Original Poster

huh? asl??

People should check, however as I stated above the search isn't exactly good. Advanced search is better but why is the normal one not better. Also you need to assume the description is correct to get a good match.

Original Poster

Oneday77

People should check, however as I stated above the search isn't exactly … People should check, however as I stated above the search isn't exactly good. Advanced search is better but why is the normal one not better. Also you need to assume the description is correct to get a good match.

as I say I normally just scroll down the merchant and if not there then post obviously duplicates will occur just think ppl should make more effort that doc one has been posted 3 times now

vikkiforbes18

as I say I normally just scroll down the merchant and if not there then … as I say I normally just scroll down the merchant and if not there then post obviously duplicates will occur just think ppl should make more effort that doc one has been posted 3 times now

When you see reposts hit the spam button, when a few posters do it the deal gets removed.

Oneday77

[quote=Villa] [quote=Oneday77] [quote=Villa] reposts are allowed after … [quote=Villa] [quote=Oneday77] [quote=Villa] reposts are allowed after 7 days which seems fair enough, 2-3 times a day is silly.

when did the rules change too 7 days. I thought it was 30days.

the biggest problem with the search function is that it lists the deals by relevance, and you have to manual change it too "by date". it should be the other way around.

Edited by: "Deedie" 10th Jan 2015
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86148
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions