Duracell Battery Question

Found 14th Feb
Is there much difference between Simply by Duracell and their Plus Power line practical wise? Is 24 of the Simply better or worse off than 20 of the Plus Power (based on the price i can get each at)
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
Find the December 2017 copy of Which and switch to Aldi batteries to save a fortune
ccnp8 m ago

Find the December 2017 copy of Which and switch to Aldi batteries to save …Find the December 2017 copy of Which and switch to Aldi batteries to save a fortune

Sorry I re-read that twice but still am a bit confused
Always buy ALKALINE. They are however simply range have lower power so are good for clocks. Torch. Small radio. Would not be good for toys with motors that pull power... It says what it's good for on packet.. Cut cloth accordingly and don't spend more money on high powered batteries unless you need to.. Chances are they won't last much longer in a remote or torch whatever you buy
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Feb
wayners1 m ago

Always buy ALKALINE. They are however simply range have lower power so are …Always buy ALKALINE. They are however simply range have lower power so are good for clocks. Torch. Small radio. Would not be good for toys with motors that pull power... It says what it's good for on packet.. Cut cloth accordingly and don't spend more money on high powered batteries unless you need to.. Chances are they won't last much longer..

Its gonna be used for xbox one controller mainly.
bobac34 m ago

Its gonna be used for xbox one controller mainly.

Buy the better ones then... I would buy rechargeable as you can buy a charger and batteries at sensible money and will save in the long run
bobac8 h, 3 m ago

Sorry I re-read that twice but still am a bit confused

Apols. The December 17 copy of Which? magazine did a review of batteries. It measured them in a variey of devices and calculated cost per hour of battery life. Best buys (with High drain cost/hr) are

Duracell Ultra Power AA 17p/hr. Scored 78%
Maplin AA Pro Lithium N28GG 22p/hr. Scored 75%
Aldi Activ Energy AA 3p/hr. Scored 74%
Energizer Eco Advanced AA 19p/hr. Scored 70%

All last broadly the same length of time in High, Medium and Low drain use although Maplin was less good in Low drain use (80h vs 95.25h for Duracell)

Aldi for me. I used to buy Duracell from Costco on offer but no more.

Lidl Aerocell came out well too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions