Durest Beds (Also known as bed-world on ebay)

Posted 20th Jan
Suppose I just want to have a rant here and see if there is anyone else in the same boat as myself. has anyone bought from Durest Beds before?

We used them in 2015 for a black divan with headrest and mattress and the service was superb and delivery prompt.

Due to this we decided to buy from them again and this time it has been a completely different service all together...

Delivery was due on Thursday 16th January and my wife waited in for the delivery. The driver showed up, knocked on the door and asked if there was anyone available to help him lift the bed off the van. When told no by my wife he then said to her she should come and lift it off. Now my wife is 7 months pregnant and we have a 2 year old running about the place so she can't exactly do it.

Once he was told no, he said he wasnt going to deliver and called his head office and passed the phone to my wife. She was told that she should give the driver some money and he will carry it in for her!! I don't mind tipping but being told to do it...hell no!!

Since then the company has had minimal contact and anything that has come from them has been false promises.

We only moved into the property on 16th and we have no bed to sleep on (sleeping on couches) and they do not care a single bit.

Opened a case with eBay yesterday and they responded straight away saying looking into this for me.

So to sumarise, I wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Inbox me a link to the item you purchased and I will make an enquiry as to what delivery includes on the pretense. that I intend to make a purchase and send you a screen grab to help your case - I'm bored (as I am recovering from a back op so cant do anything thats physical) and anything to break the day up is a welcome task.
20 Comments
Sounds like a right cowboy firm, how did you pay ? If by PayPal just put a claim in
furbars20/01/2020 09:05

Sounds like a right cowboy firm, how did you pay ? If by PayPal just put …Sounds like a right cowboy firm, how did you pay ? If by PayPal just put a claim in

Was purchased over eBay using PayPal. Have opened a resolution with eBay for it. At the end of the day all we want is the bed so we can get off the couches and have told them this. Just make the delivery and we won't have to deal with them again.

They have opened at 9am this morning so will be going to call them very soon, will be surprised if they answer.
Just can't believe that they expect someone to help them !

You want to ask if anyone injures themselves while doing their job does their insurance cover it , Good luck with it all the same .
That is appalling service. If you pay for delivery then you expect the item to be delivered to you, you shouldn't have a pregnant woman being told to help lift the bed out of the van and you certainly shouldn't be told to hand over more money to have it properly delivered. As well as your complaint with eBay you might want to consider contacting your local newspaper or other media with the story.
Managed to get a hold of them this morning over the phone and spoke to a lovely lady who has apologised and said that we will get the bed delivered tomorrow 100%

Hoping that this is the case and the last that I will need to deal with them but will see if this actually happens
I could (almost) understand it if delivery was to the door but to not even unload and expect anyone at all to help remove from the wagon - let alone someone pregnant is bang out of order. I have seen large an bulky items state that delivery is kerbside only but thats only been with building materials, sheds and even engines. A divan bed though should be a 2 man job and into the house at the very least, with further options an optional extra. When I managed a charity shop we had two man delivery teams and told customers delivery was to the door but if you offer them a brew and be nice to them they would likely be willing to place it in any room they had clear access to, it was dependant on the customer taking measurements and ensuring the item would fit through the door.
Inbox me a link to the item you purchased and I will make an enquiry as to what delivery includes on the pretense. that I intend to make a purchase and send you a screen grab to help your case - I'm bored (as I am recovering from a back op so cant do anything thats physical) and anything to break the day up is a welcome task.
harlzter20/01/2020 10:39

Inbox me a link to the item you purchased and I will make an enquiry as to …Inbox me a link to the item you purchased and I will make an enquiry as to what delivery includes on the pretense. that I intend to make a purchase and send you a screen grab to help your case - I'm bored (as I am recovering from a back op so cant do anything thats physical) and anything to break the day up is a welcome task.

Link for the bed below. It does state that delivery will be to the door of the building but they would not bring it into the flat or up the stairs which we had accepted.

Divan Bed
I’ve ordered a mattresses from this company off eBay. They have delivered the wrong mattress 2 times and it’s been 2 weeks since ordering. They were supposed to collect the 2nd mattress last week I even took a day off work to wait but they didn’t come. Wouldn’t use this company again even spoken to a few people who would say the same it’s an awful company and the communication is appalling the woman I spoke to was rude.
Manny5020/01/2020 11:07

I’ve ordered a mattresses from this company off eBay. They have delivered t …I’ve ordered a mattresses from this company off eBay. They have delivered the wrong mattress 2 times and it’s been 2 weeks since ordering. They were supposed to collect the 2nd mattress last week I even took a day off work to wait but they didn’t come. Wouldn’t use this company again even spoken to a few people who would say the same it’s an awful company and the communication is appalling the woman I spoke to was rude.

Communication from there is horrible. I have called and called with no luck. Surprised I even got through this morning. Hopefully the woman keeps her words and it gets delivered out to us tomorrow.

Hope you get it sorted aswell!
DeusVentus20/01/2020 10:50

Link for the bed below. It does state that delivery will be to the door of …Link for the bed below. It does state that delivery will be to the door of the building but they would not bring it into the flat or up the stairs which we had accepted.Divan Bed

They still claim that they will deliver to the door with no help
39720138-Zj6z6.jpg
harlzter20/01/2020 14:33

They still claim that they will deliver to the door with no help[Image]

Yup thats the claim but the driver refused to even lift it from the van.

At one point Danielle, the very same woman, told me that the drivers were not allowed to lose sight of there van which was a very strange statement to make
DeusVentus20/01/2020 15:03

Yup thats the claim but the driver refused to even lift it from the van.At …Yup thats the claim but the driver refused to even lift it from the van.At one point Danielle, the very same woman, told me that the drivers were not allowed to lose sight of there van which was a very strange statement to make

Why would it be a strange statement? They are responsible for the van and contents whilst being the driver?

What delivery company is used to deliver as the problem would be with them and not the company you purchased the item from, unless they do their own delivery?
Westwoodo20/01/2020 15:11

Why would it be a strange statement? They are responsible for the van and …Why would it be a strange statement? They are responsible for the van and contents whilst being the driver?What delivery company is used to deliver as the problem would be with them and not the company you purchased the item from, unless they do their own delivery?

Would be a strange statement because if you expect a delivery you expect them to delivery, not to the point where they can no longer see there van. Some people have a back car park (block of flats) and you can't always see your van from where you are.

As for the delivery company, I believe it is individual couriers they are using for the deliveries, self employed I would believe.
DeusVentus20/01/2020 15:14

Would be a strange statement because if you expect a delivery you expect …Would be a strange statement because if you expect a delivery you expect them to delivery, not to the point where they can no longer see there van. Some people have a back car park (block of flats) and you can't always see your van from where you are.As for the delivery company, I believe it is individual couriers they are using for the deliveries, self employed I would believe.

So you have slated a company on here when the problem was with who they use to deliver?

I can see why you would be annoyed but you are complaining about the wrong thing.
Westwoodo20/01/2020 15:35

So you have slated a company on here when the problem was with who they …So you have slated a company on here when the problem was with who they use to deliver?I can see why you would be annoyed but you are complaining about the wrong thing.

Courier is employed by the company, I have no contract through the courier.

Company are the ones who are failing to solve the issue and ignoring calls.
DeusVentus20/01/2020 15:36

Courier is employed by the company, I have no contract through the …Courier is employed by the company, I have no contract through the courier.Company are the ones who are failing to solve the issue and ignoring calls.

You stated earlier that you have made contact and it's being delivered tomorrow?

Ask for contact information for the courier but don't slate a company when you haven't given them chance to sort it.
Westwoodo20/01/2020 15:52

You stated earlier that you have made contact and it's being delivered …You stated earlier that you have made contact and it's being delivered tomorrow? Ask for contact information for the courier but don't slate a company when you haven't given them chance to sort it.

Also have written confirmation that the delivery was taking place over the weekend but that never happened either.

Company was told about the issue, never tried to resolve it and it was myself who had to repeatedly make the contact to try and get the situation resolved. As stated, 7 month pregnant wife without a bed sleeping on a couch.

I shouldnt need the information of the courier as its the company who advise me when its being delivered, give me my slot and have hired the courier to deliver. At this point the courier is hired by Durest to deliver for them
DeusVentus20/01/2020 15:55

Also have written confirmation that the delivery was taking place over the …Also have written confirmation that the delivery was taking place over the weekend but that never happened either.Company was told about the issue, never tried to resolve it and it was myself who had to repeatedly make the contact to try and get the situation resolved. As stated, 7 month pregnant wife without a bed sleeping on a couch.I shouldnt need the information of the courier as its the company who advise me when its being delivered, give me my slot and have hired the courier to deliver. At this point the courier is hired by Durest to deliver for them

"Shouldn't" doesn't get you very far with online orders unfortunately, let ebay do their thing if you don't get your item tomorrow, escalating it to paypal without giving ebay time usually ends badly despite it seeming to be the right course of action.
Westwoodo20/01/2020 15:58

"Shouldn't" doesn't get you very far with online orders unfortunately, let …"Shouldn't" doesn't get you very far with online orders unfortunately, let ebay do their thing if you don't get your item tomorrow, escalating it to paypal without giving ebay time usually ends badly despite it seeming to be the right course of action.

They avoided contact all weekend and as soon as I opened the case with eBay on Sunday they replied straight away.

Have made sure that all communication is written through the resolution aswell so eBay are aware of the promises that they are making.

Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow and I can just close the case and get on with it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants