Duty free items

Found 7th Apr
I dont know if this is the right place to ask or not but i cant seem to find amy answers anywhere.

Im going canary islands soon and its not part of the EU so im limited on tobacco/alcohol i can bring back.

If i say pre-order my tobacco for the plane flying out can it be taken off me when i reach canary islands as its over my allowance?

also, if i pre-order my spirits for the plane coming home will my hand luggage be searched and spirits taken off me.

before anybody starts with breaking my allowance its just a little over. Im entitled to bring back 5 packs of tobacoo but will be bringing back 7
spirits im only entitled to one but currently on 4 for price of 3.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Don't bother pre ordering as spirits and fags/tobacco much cheaper to buy from normal shops in the Canaries than "duty free" from either the plane or airport . You are correct in that the Canaries (though Spanish) do not count as EU for duty free purposes .

All duty free items- fags , tobacco ,booze , perfume etc are far cheaper from normal shops than on the plane /airport so don't bother pre ordering - just have a nice browse while you're there (the prices/ offers in the local shops do vary a little ) .
If you're going with anyone who's doesn't smoke or drink (buying their own stuff) use their allowance too?
smith2001uk25 m ago

If you're going with anyone who's doesn't smoke or drink (buying their own …If you're going with anyone who's doesn't smoke or drink (buying their own stuff) use their allowance too?

It will still take me over the allowance. Allowed to bring 5 packs of tobacco (50g each) im bringing 5 my partner 7.

Spirits 2 each.

Just dont know when to purchase them
rogparki10 h, 22 m ago

Don't bother pre ordering as spirits and fags/tobacco much cheaper to buy …Don't bother pre ordering as spirits and fags/tobacco much cheaper to buy from normal shops in the Canaries than "duty free" from either the plane or airport . You are correct in that the Canaries (though Spanish) do not count as EU for duty free purposes .All duty free items- fags , tobacco ,booze , perfume etc are far cheaper from normal shops than on the plane /airport so don't bother pre ordering - just have a nice browse while you're there (the prices/ offers in the local shops do vary a little ) .

Thanks but it still doesnt give me an answer 🙈
The simple answer is no you cannot take over the allowance. If you are over it can be confiscated or you get the option to pay the duty.

Every single part of your belongings (and person) can be searched.

More info here gov.uk/dut…-eu
Caroline_19935 h, 18 m ago

It will still take me over the allowance. Allowed to bring 5 packs of …It will still take me over the allowance. Allowed to bring 5 packs of tobacco (50g each) im bringing 5 my partner 7. Spirits 2 each. Just dont know when to purchase them

Leave them here as far cheaper over there anyway (£25 for 200cigs/250g tobacco). Spirits £6 litre.

Not that you will ever get searched entering the canaries.
Edited by: "chocci" 8th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions