Groups

DVD-Audiodisc. What does it look like at the root?

I'll explain. I've got a Pink Floyd DVD-audio disc (on DVD-R) that my in-car player won't read (it's the only one I've got to try but it DOES play DVD-audio). I've looked at the root of the disc on my PC and it comprises of an AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folder. The video one is empty and the audio one contains BUP,IFO,AOB and VOB files. Is that right? Could someone please look at one of their DVD-Audio discs and see what's supposed to be there? Or if anyone can see an obvious reason why this one won't play?
    Thanks.

2 Comments

maybe a laser problem in your car dvd player, similar to my hifi stopped playing CD-Rs first, then later on failed at reading all CD Audio discs, sounds similar to a normal DVD Video where there is nothing on the audio folder, the player does all that

Original Poster

AugQX;4711489

maybe a laser problem in your car dvd player, similar to my hifi stopped … maybe a laser problem in your car dvd player, similar to my hifi stopped playing CD-Rs first, then later on failed at reading all CD Audio discs, sounds similar to a normal DVD Video where there is nothing on the audio folder, the player does all that

It shouldn't really be that, the car is only 6 months old.

dcx_badass;4711619

You do realise DVD Audio is a totally seperate format and is basically … You do realise DVD Audio is a totally seperate format and is basically like a record is to a CD though?

Yes thanks, but my handbook definitely states that it can play DVD-audio. I'll have to get hold of an original disc and see if that works.
    Cheers.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions