Groups

Dvd Drive Replacement

The Dvd drive in my Dell Dimension 5000 (bought in the year 2005) no longer records and I believe requires replacement.

Can someone tell me the cheapest place to go to find a replacement.

Thanks!

6 Comments

Have you tried cleaning it first ?

what colour do you need, try these sites scan.co.uk or ebuyer.com I would recommend pioneer dvd recordersin my opinion, their copies will work on any dvd player and are @ £17.
    to fit one is a peice of cake. they are held with 2-4 small screws and have a data and power cable plugged in teh back . all should slot out / i within 5-10 mins. and no drivers are needed.

Original Poster

stora;1858867

Have you tried cleaning it first ?

Not tried it!

Do I need to open the drive up to clean it or is there an easier way.

]http//ww…tml
    £15.99 for the one above

my laptop dvd drive is starting to go a bit, are these more expensive to replace?

i still have warrenty for about a month, but it works most of the time, it's only sometimes that it doesn't work, can i claim anything on this?

Banned

alexxa;1858930

Not tried it! Do I need to open the drive up to clean it or is there an … Not tried it! Do I need to open the drive up to clean it or is there an easier way.

get a lens cleaning disk from poundland
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions