Groups
    EXPIRED

DVD Import Tax?

Hi.

I want to buy a DVD from the USA. It's $29.99 (not including shipping).

Seeing as I will be paying over £18 I will have to pay tax on it. Does anybody know how much the tax will be though? Is it a standard charge or a percentage of the cost?

Also, seeing that I will be paying in USD (on my debit card), will my bank charge me for paying in a different currency (a charge on top of the transaction)?

Thank you for any help you can provide

5 Comments

Your bank shouldn't charge you, but give them a call to make sure. I've bought quite a few DVD's from USA and Canada, so far without having to pay any extra costs or import taxes.

Are you sure the DVD isn't available from a UK supplier? Such as loaded247.com or playusa.com

:pirate:

Original Poster

It's available on both sites

Are these two companies based in the UK then?

Loaded247 is in Kent but source from Jersey. Play are in Jersey

Original Poster

Does that mean that the tax has already been paid if I order from these sites?

So I can make an order worth +£18, and it will be sent within the UK, so I won't be charged tax on arrival?

You shouldn't be charged from either, but there's no guarantee on it. Buy through QuidCo if using Loaded247 as you can earn cashback.

I bought a box set from Loaded247 with 8 discs and no import duties. I think you'll be okay with just one disc anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1881351
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382

See more discussions