Groups

Dvd paper?

Is it possible to print like the disc cover, to put on a blank dd, with a normal printer?
    Cheers
    Jack

11 Comments

Yes. You can buy labels for CDs/DVDs that you can load in to your printer. I haven't used any for years so someone can probably point you in the right direct. Possibly Viking Direct or Staples, etc.

Yes, you just need disc labels and some software.

The labels come in gloss, matt etc like these for ]example

The most well known software is Pressit but there are free programs, you will also need an applicator to line up the label on the disc

Original Poster

whats an applicator?
    cheers
    jack

spikeyjacko;4528643

whats an applicator?cheersjack

It's just a gadget to make sure the label is alligned dead centre, there loads of different kinds and you can pick them up for a couple of quid in most computer shops

pressit.com/blu…tml

You can do it by eye but it's hard to get it perfect

Free software

pressit.com/pre…htm

i wouldnt bother as they tend to cause problems if they start to peel, most dvd and cd players dont reccomend using them. better if you can print directly onto the disk

ding;4528747

i wouldnt bother as they tend to cause problems if they start to peel, … i wouldnt bother as they tend to cause problems if they start to peel, most dvd and cd players dont reccomend using them. better if you can print directly onto the disk

I agree and a printable disc is cheaper than a non-printable disc + a label, but you do need a printer that can print onto discs and most printers can't

if you dont have a printer that prints onto the disk draw a nice picture instead

Epson & Canon both make printers that can print on DVDs, and they're not expensive.

Just remember not to print on the DVD until you've finished copying files on to it - for some reasons a lot of DVD writers don't like it when you've printed on them first.

I reccoment lightscribe

yep light scribe

I have lightscribe and it's pretty cool
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER911
      2. Which 32" smart TV?22
      3. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands33
      4. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?44

See more discussions