dvd player help.

Banned 5
Found 5th Aug 2008
hi at christmas i bought my 2 little girls a pink portable dvd player each and now one of the just keeps saying cant read disk.
whats wrong and can i fix it ?

1. Misc
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
5 Comments

Sounds like the laser is faulty, or the laser lens is dirty. Your first (cheapest) option would be to buy a DVD lens cleaner kit.

Banned

Take a cotton bud and wet it slightly with your tongue.

Then open the compartment and rub the cotton bud over a lens looking type thing near the centre of the player.

If you kids are like mine, they eat a jam sandwich before handling the DVD'd that go in the machine, and this dirt soon gets on the laser head.

Please make sure its unplugged before trying this

Banned

It will look a bit like this (clean the bluey thing in the middle)

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00IvatpfGRWroDM/DVD-Laser-Lens-SDG-605B-SOH-D12-for-Xbox-Samsung.jpg

Foosball Chum;2680970

Take a cotton bud and wet it slightly with your tongue.Then open the … Take a cotton bud and wet it slightly with your tongue.Then open the compartment and rub the cotton bud over a lens looking type thing near the centre of the player.If you kids are like mine, they eat a jam sandwich before handling the DVD'd that go in the machine, and this dirt soon gets on the laser head.Please make sure its unplugged before trying this

Oh my gosh!! If you are going to go the DIY route, at least use isopropyl alcohol on the cotton bud. I can't see how saliva, and what ever you ate last will clean the lens!!
Post a comment
@
    Text