Groups

DVD player keeps saying Unknown disk!!!??

i bought season 14 of south park on ebay new and sealed it looks totally genuine with the embossed cover and packaging looks as it should. But nearly every time i put the disks in i get a unknown error and my player cant play the dvd. I had the seller send me a second set to test but its doing the same? My player is region free so no problems there.

anyone know how to combat this? my player plays all other region 1s fine

17 Comments

Can you test them on another dvd player? or perhaps your computer?

Will your player play other dvds?

If so it's the discs, you could try cleaning lens.

Original Poster

yeah plays other disks fine.

look at the quality of the disks.... both sides, do they look as genuine as the box ?

Original Poster

nivagni

look at the quality of the disks.... both sides, do they look as genuine … look at the quality of the disks.... both sides, do they look as genuine as the box ?

Yeah and the DVDs worked on my laptop

Some dvd players just refuse to play certain discs for unknown reasons.

Sure they're DVD and not HD or Bluray discs?

just buy a dvd player that plays all formats i got 1 for £25 from cclonline.com u can evn put usb and memory card in

It's a PeterJMay help thread. The man's mentally retarded. The disc's upside-down.

I bought the tellie tubbies for my kid,3 disk`s box set" two of them play fine one keeps saying Unknown disk, tryed it on 7 dvd`s players i just got a unlucky one

peterjmay

Yeah and the DVDs worked on my laptop

Well its not the disc's at fault then is it.

Buy a new DVD player.

Edited by: "RickT" 13th Jun 2011

Banned

I only opened this thread on my mobile to see who could possibly be so mentally deficient as to be unable to use a DVD player.

Fact is I should have guessed beforehand who the OP was

Perhaps this is posted from his imaginary iPad that was bought from an imaginary trip to the states that took a 1001 questions to ask before not going.

Woah, what did this guy do?

Original Poster

dimebars

I only opened this thread on my mobile to see who could possibly be so … I only opened this thread on my mobile to see who could possibly be so mentally deficient as to be unable to use a DVD player. Fact is I should have guessed beforehand who the OP wasPerhaps this is posted from his imaginary iPad that was bought from an imaginary trip to the states that took a 1001 questions to ask before not going.

why do you all think I have an imaginary iPad? I do actually have one now

Original Poster

but its weird that 2 separate sets of the same dvd have the same problem!!??

Banned

Because we are all fed up with your incessant questions about inane things

You should google google.

Original Poster

dimebars

Because we are all fed up with your incessant questions about inane … Because we are all fed up with your incessant questions about inane thingsYou should google google.

so dont comment/open up the thread. Nobody is forcing you to!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions