Groups

DVD player problem

Hello,

Just bought this dvd player: amazon.co.uk/San…ics

Ordered yesterday and it arrived this morning. As it says that it can play cd-r discs, I just burnt an episode of 24 onto a CD-R disc, popped into the player and it says 'Unknown disc.'

Tried an actual DVD and that worked. Tried another cd-r but still saying 'Unknown Disc.' I have finalized the burning for each disc but still not working.

Anyone know whats wrong?

6 Comments

Have you tried a burned DVD-R disc in your DVD player?

is the VCD burnt properly? does it work on some other players or anything?

Does sound like the CD-R's aren't being written to properly. Are the CD-R's showing as finalized when writing has finished?

Does the CDR play on your PC?

I thought dvd-rw disk would be best to burn onto I thought Cd-r's were really for music due to the space on them.

Original Poster

The thing I was doing wrong is that I was just normally burning the avi's to the CD.

I then found out that I had to make it a VCD or SVCD compilation via Nero. So I did that and it worked.

But looking for a DivX player now instead...the process of making it into a VCD or SCVD takes ages and the quality of the episode is quite poor.

Anyone know of any decent priced DivX players? Looking at this one atm: argos.co.uk/sta…htm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1318
      2. To buy Iphone 633
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband67
      4. Purchasing Fifa 18 through EA Access question11

See more discussions