Groups

DVD-R or DVD+R

Hi i'm after a DVD recorder, but dont know which would be a better buy, DVD-R or DVD+R???? Is there any major differences in the two? I've seen some that are compatible with both formats so why are others not? Any help will be greatly appreciated as i've been a bit slow off the mark with getting one, and now my old VHS is just about knackered.

5 Comments

I would purchase a player with the hardrive. I myself have the Humax 9200T and can download to computer then to disc If I want to and to my own mind this is more convient than discs

Original Poster

I had considered a hard drive player, as most of the things i record are watched within a few days then recorded over anyway. What are the prices like for these now? Anyone know any good deals?

I'd advise compatibility with both formats...makes life easier .

Banned

we have a dvd recorder with built in hard drive, it will play any type of disc but will only record in dvd-r format

Most DVD recorders now do both -R and +R so to be honest I'd go for one which does both. If you can afford it, I'd go for one with a HDD that way you can record it and watch it once, if you want to keep it then you can decide to burn to DVD.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522114
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions