Expired

dvd-r wanted

Found 29th Aug 2006
Hi
I am looking to buy some dvd-r 's i want to use them to back up movies and family movies created through a digi camcorder along with backup's of dvd's i currently have. i will also use them to backup data.
I have had a look at ]svp.co.uk and ]bigpockets.co.uk but there are so many to choose from. i am looking to buy a spindle of about 50.
I purchased 10 proformance dvd-r's which was posted on here a few months ago but i seem to be able to read them fine on my PC that i copied them on, but not on my New laptop.
if anyone can provide any ideas to the best discs at a reasonably cheap price which will get me around the problem i had, then this would be great

thanks

1. Ask
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. DVD
4 Comments

Did you have DVD playback software on your laptop, does your laptop support the DVD format, most new ones do(+/_ and dual).

As for the dvd's once the above problem has been sorted you could have another look on bigpockets for a good deal as they always change.Bye.

Original Poster

Well i didnt use any dvd player, i just used windows media as i usually do, will it most likely work with dvd software? then i will need to get one?

if i am correct on this windows media player 10 does not play back dvds
for some unknown reason

so just get another third party software and ur fine
media player classic does i think!

woot my first input hope it helps!

hehehehheh

oh and once again if i am correct taiyo yudens and verbatims are top notch discs, best quality but are pretty expensive

i suppose any disc should be fine but i usually buy ridisc or ritek cheap and superb.

till we meet again!

videolan.org/vlc/

Download and install VLC media player and try playing the disc with that. VLC player is magic and will play pretty much anything.

The only way I can explain this great software is witchcraft, lol.

videolan.org/vlc/
Post a comment
@
    Text