Expired

dvd-ram advice needed?

Found 13th Nov 2017
need advice for a present ,been asked to get DVD-RAM 120 min/4.7gb
re writable 2~3x speed discs which are used for recording tv shows onto Panasonic home DVD/video combi recorder.

ive seen these,Staples Blank DVD-RW Re-writable 4.7 GB / 120 min 4 X Speed, 5 Jewel Case Pack.Will these discs work or do I need different ones as discs say dvd ram and the ones found say dvd-rw is there a difference
link staples.co.uk/cd-…lse
Thanks for your time
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
They are not the same, of these the Maxell or Panasonic or Verbatim in cartridges are suitable:

amazon.co.uk/s/r…GB+
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 13th Nov 2017
OBH6UK
Big thanks,thanks for advice much appreciated.
DVD-RAM was a different format. It had slightly different disks and a different way of writing them and was generally considered a bit more durable. They originally came in cartridges but bare DVD-RAM disks were more common in home equipment so they could maintain cross compatibility with normal video DVDs so you probably don't need the cartridges for your use.

Drives that took bare DVD-RAMs also normally also worked with DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs.so your original ones would likely work even though they're not the same thing.
EndlessWaves18 h, 19 m ago

Drives that took bare DVD-RAMs also normally also worked with DVD-RWs and …Drives that took bare DVD-RAMs also normally also worked with DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs.so your original ones would likely work even though they're not the same thing.

Never known any Panasnic recorder to support DVD+ for recording, playback if fianlised maybe.
Depends on the model, but most can use all types - Panasonic were in the DVD- camp originally, so earlier models might not support +R and +RW.

DVD-RAM does tend to have an advantage in edit mode support, but since my device is a HDD/DVD recorder, I've never recorded direct to DVD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants