Groups
    EXPIRED

DVD recorder / HDD advice.....

Hi,

After a bit of advice on what sort of thing to go for....
    My cheapo Asda DVD player is playing up sometimes, so i think its time to upgrade.
    I would also like to be able to record from TV ('Virgin type' box!), so not wanting a freeview device (unless it can also record from inputs?).
    DVD recording and HDD would be good, does this allow you to transfer from HDD to DVD if you want to?

Really want to be able to play DIVX's from USB too.

This will be hooked up to a 28" Sony CRT TV, so HD upscaling not necessary, but may make it more futureproof if i upgrade TV ever.

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated, as i'm a bit lost at the moment!
    Not sure how much i will need to spend to get what i want either.
    Thanks in advance!

6 Comments

Original Poster

dum de dum de dum.........

Banned

we bought this a couple of weeks ago as our hdd dvd recorder was dying

rgbdirect.co.uk/Pro…129

it has gone up in price though as we paid £185 so might be worth checking other sites.
    we are very impressed with it so far, we use ours with a 28" CRT TV and was surprised that it actually improves the picture quality!
    yes you can copy from hdd to dvd and dvd to hdd
    yes it plays divx, it has a usb connection but haven't used it only watched divx off a disc
    we like the fact that you can watch either a dvd or something off the hdd whilst it is recording to the hdd

Original Poster

thanks you, looks a nice piece of kit

can you record from an external source with this? (eg ntl box)

Banned

yes we record from our sky box fine

Original Poster

:thumbsup:thanks

any other suggestions people?
    not looking to buy immediately, just getting some ideas

Original Poster

Spearmint;1986538

we bought this a couple of weeks ago as our hdd dvd recorder was … we bought this a couple of weeks ago as our hdd dvd recorder was dyinghttp://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=105129it has gone up in price though as we paid £185 so might be worth checking other sites.we are very impressed with it so far, we use ours with a 28" CRT TV and was surprised that it actually improves the picture quality!yes you can copy from hdd to dvd and dvd to hddyes it plays divx, it has a usb connection but haven't used it only watched divx off a discwe like the fact that you can watch either a dvd or something off the hdd whilst it is recording to the hdd

Just wanted to say thanks again, got the hxd770 (same as yours but only 120gb) for £120 from bigpockets, delivered yesterday. Very impressed so far. Aslo there is a lot of support for these players on AVforums which is great.

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions