Expired

DVD RECORDER - Help Please

5 replies
Found 8th Nov 2009
Any help would be much appreciated. I have a load of old 8mm video cassettes from a camcorder, and am looking to convert to DVD's. Having done a bit of research it seems the best/cheapest way to do this is to get a DVD recorder. I'm not planning on editing or anything like that, just want a DVD copy of our home movies. Can anyone recommend any particular make or type for me, any deals on at the moment etc. Don't really want to spend more than £150. I do already have SKY+ so don't need freeview. Have had a look at the USB capturing devices, and my pc is too slow to cope with them. Thanks in advance for help

5 Comments

depends on how many you have tbh-some photo shops will convert them for you and if its a one off job you should seek a quote for conversion and see how it compares to the cost of a dvd recorder if you arent likely to ever need it again with having skyplus.

You're not anywhere near Edinburgh are you? I have one sitting in the attic gathering dust. You could have it if you were able to collect it.

Original Poster

scotsann;6823339

You're not anywhere near Edinburgh are you? I have one sitting in the … You're not anywhere near Edinburgh are you? I have one sitting in the attic gathering dust. You could have it if you were able to collect it.

Thanks ever so much for the offer, but I probably couldn't be much further away from you (Surrey!)

Original Poster

barky;6823321

depends on how many you have tbh-some photo shops will convert them for … depends on how many you have tbh-some photo shops will convert them for you and if its a one off job you should seek a quote for conversion and see how it compares to the cost of a dvd recorder if you arent likely to ever need it again with having skyplus.

I've got about 10 cassettes, and the local camera shop wants something like £18 per cassette, so I don't think its worth using them.

Barnaby123;6826984

Thanks ever so much for the offer, but I probably couldn't be much … Thanks ever so much for the offer, but I probably couldn't be much further away from you (Surrey!)

Oh never mind, it was worth a try!

Bigpockets some time have deals on - you could have a browse - bigpockets.co.uk/cat…v=6 - probably not the most up to date machines but might be worth a try.

or perhaps this one from Ebuyer - ebuyer.com/pro…992

Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60626
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201777

See more discussions