EXPIRED

DVD Recorder with Hard Drive

Big decision made at our house...no more videotapes - we're heading into the 21st century.

So please...what have you spotted out there in the way of DVD recorders with hard drives.

There was one posted a couple of days back from play.com (Mustek £150) but it's gone up to £189 and is out of stock.

Cheap would help - but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 Comments

Original Poster

Aaargh, that Mustek one is elusive. Using the Dabs code on the vouchers sections would give me it at £138 dabs.com/Pro…e=1
but there's none in stock there either....

Just got a flyer from Ebuyer with one on there.
Eltax DVR-555 DivX Multi Region HD Dual DVD & 160 GB Hardrive Recorder.
£179.98 inc VAT
ebuyer.com/cus…291

I bought one of these Eltax ones - thanks for the tip Baldmonk! Now I just need to know where to get a PhD in programming it!!!

There was one stupid Hollywood movie with great phrase in one of dialogues:

There are three things man can't do in his life:
1) To become pregnant
2) To understand woman
3) To program his VCR

sheenamc2

I bought one of these Eltax ones - thanks for the tip Baldmonk! Now I … I bought one of these Eltax ones - thanks for the tip Baldmonk! Now I just need to know where to get a PhD in programming it!!!

Anytime sheenamc, glad to help.
Can you let us know what it's like please as i'm tempted myself, thanks :wink:

Will do in a few days when I've worked it out. First impressions are that it doesn't look too bad. The machine is quite solid looking, but the disk tray feels a bit flimsy - although my Sony dvd player isn't much better. (the Harddrive is bigger than you'll get anywhere else on a cheapo).

I only found one review online...link below...and it reflects where I had the problem - tuning my freeview channels.

audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions