Groups
    EXPIRED

dvd recorder with hdd

anyone got any recommendations or deals for the above

5 Comments

Could always buy one through littlewoods using the 20% off voucher. It would make up for the slight mark up in price they put on.

ninegt

Do you have any idea on what features do you need or how big the HDD should be? Also what is your budget?

Original Poster

Kommunist

ninegtDo you have any idea on what features do you need or how big the … ninegtDo you have any idea on what features do you need or how big the HDD should be? Also what is your budget?

hi kommunist
    i would like at least 80gb easey use as wife will use it most and will probably record via
    sky not worried about budget but would like good recorder

If money is no object then take a look at Panasonic DMR-EH50. These are quite expensive, usually retail at 280+.
    Or you can try Samsung DVD-GR720. These are about 100 quid cheaper than Panasonic and many people say that it is very good machine. Or there is LG7900H, which is priced more or less as Panasonic but got DivX support and HD output.

But as you need to take WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) into account I strongly suggest you to go to good retail shops (John Lewis?) and ask your wife to try couple of recorders mentioned. From my experience, things that seem to be obvious to me, are not-so-obvious for my wife

Original Poster

THANKS for the time kommunist i think i will take your advice pop to the shops and let the WAF kick in
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7161348
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2252
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047123
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1217

See more discussions