DVD Recorders

This is probably a really stupid question, but i wanted to know about dvd recorders.........basically can you record programmes on to your dvd recorder hard drive and then burn them onto a dvd? Is that how they work? Also, if ive got stuff recorded on V+ or Sky+, can i also burn that to a dvd?

Thanks all!

5 Comments

I have both a Sky+ box and dvd recorder and standard sky box and hdd recorder connected up. The answer to both questions is yes!

I can record to HDD from sky box and at a later date burn the recorded programme(s) to DVD. Also, Sky+ box lets you connect a recorder to it and then record to a DVD (presume you could also copy it to HDD then burn to DVD!). It gives you the option to also record multiple programmes onto DVD one after the other without having to select each time.

thats interesting

I've not done it but I'm you can't record Box Office purchases to HDD/Sky+/DVD though

Original Poster

Cool thanks. My other question............whats wharfdale like? Ive never heard of the brand before, but they seem to be cheaper than most others.....

only a dvd recorder with a HD will let you record without being put directly onto a disc.

i have a goodmans dvd recorder i never use as i have sky+ and i dont record stuff off the telly, just watch and then delete.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2640
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions