Groups

Dvd Region Code Help

Bit confused, over on CD WOW they are selling complete Soprano series 1-5 for £17.99 each delivered, Region 2 & 4, will they play ok on my DVD player? The cheapest I can find around anywhere else is around £25. Is it too good to be true?!!

4 Comments

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
    REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
    REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
    REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
    REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
    REGION 6 -- China
    REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use
    REGION 8 -- Resevered for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc...
    REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

[SIZE=3]Multi-Region Hacks for Domestic DVD Players[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]]http//ww…on/[/SIZE]

Original Poster

I know I'm region 2, but normally its either/or as oppose to as well as, if that makes sense, never seen region 2&4 together,

Not too good to be true, visually they appear to be the Australian versions (many Australian DVDs work on UK players). They're probably cheaper as they're in a plastic amaray case as oppose to cardboard.

Don't forget to hunt down a £1 discount link/voucher and order each separately to save yourself a few quid.

Original Poster

many thanks for clearing that up! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      3. What is there free to do in your town?25
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions