Found 15th Feb 2007
Hopefully someone should know the answer to this, are DVD drives on UK PCs restricted to Region 2 or can you watch a DVD from any region on them?

1. Misc
  2. DVD
  3. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
  3. PC
11 Comments

Not as far as I know. I think it depends on the software you have to play DVD's. HTH

No pc dvd drives are different to dvd players and will or should do switch to what region dvd your playing

I don't know if this has changed, but last time I tried to the whole different region changing on a computer DVD drive.. you can only change regions with it so many times. Unless you use something to bypass it..

While we are at it :whistling: does anyone know how to play a PS2 game from the US on a UK console, damn Yankie cousins didn't think about the regions and the games look really good as well, has the kids rightly p***'ed off. :giggle: Any ideas :thinking: Thanks.

rd1701

I don't know if this has changed, but last time I tried to the whole … I don't know if this has changed, but last time I tried to the whole different region changing on a computer DVD drive.. you can only change regions with it so many times. Unless you use something to bypass it..

Three times as I understand it.

DVD drives are locked to Region 2 to begin with...

But, you can go into the properties and change this. Usually you have 4 changes before it locks on the last change to whatever Region you last choose - It does usually tell you how many changes are left though.

Only way for US games on UK PS2 as far as I'm aware is chipping it.

Browni

DVD drives are locked to Region 2 to begin with...But, you can go into … DVD drives are locked to Region 2 to begin with...But, you can go into the properties and change this. Usually you have 4 changes before it locks on the last change to whatever Region you last choose - It does usually tell you how many changes are left though.Only way for US games on UK PS2 as far as I'm aware is chipping it.

Some computers/laptops are difficult to change too, and the old ones dont all change

try this
[url]www.dvd-supply.com/lib/dvdsupply/DISCInfo155.zip[/url]

If we're referencing sites for help along these lines, best go to this place...

videohelp.com/

If you can't find help there, it's unlikely you can achieve what you need to do.

Crazy1

While we are at it :whistling: does anyone know how to play a PS2 game … While we are at it :whistling: does anyone know how to play a PS2 game from the US on a UK console, damn Yankie cousins didn't think about the regions and the games look really good as well, has the kids rightly p***'ed off. :giggle: Any ideas :thinking: Thanks.

If you don't want to go down the 'chipping' route then you can do what I did and buy SwapMagic and a slidetool. You'll have to identify which version of PS2 you have and buy the appropriate Swap Magic.

I used this site [url]www.gameworlddirect.co.uk[/url] and had no probs.

You'll need an RGB scart lead too, otherwise everything will be black and white. Is your TV definitely 60hz compatible too?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on selling an iPhone?66
    2. Best tablet around the £60 mark12
    3. What shoes are these?22
    4. Is this expensive?1120

See more discussions