Groups

dvd rewritter or can you get better?

my dvd rewritter is broken and need a replacement
    should and what is a good rewritter for dvds to use in a pc
    or
    is their a blue ray rewritter for pcs?
    is their blank blue ray discs?

9 Comments

Yes to both questions. My new Dell XPS Studio arrived yesterday with a blu-ray r/w drive, lightscribe, etc. They are expensive though - generally > £100. The blank discs are expensive too, so I don't see myself burning a long while yet!

Original Poster

Thanks , do you know what size the blanks are?

Blu Ray blanks are 24 gig and about 8 quid each.

red;4171117

Thanks , do you know what size the blanks are?

normally 25GB or 50GB.

IMO the technology is still overpriced but within the next 6-12 months you will see the prices plummet as we did with DVD. I personally would pick up a DVD rewriter for now, you should easily get one new for around £20 and invest in blu ray later when the prices will fall dramatically. The blank 25GB disks seem to be around £4-5 each.

If you go for a rewriter I have an HP which are a good make or Optiarc (Sony rebrand) are good value at around £17 on play.com for a lightscribe DVD rewriter, Samsung are also good in fact most models. Would recommend a SATA dvd re-writer rather than IDE as they are faster.

steve1221;4172060

Blu Ray blanks are 24 gig and about 8 quid each.

not according to google, they aren't :whistling:

]http//ww…=pl

Original Poster

I'd go for the £65 drive on hukd personally.

have you a link for this ? :-)

If anyone ordered from the first link above promatech one please see your card issuer to stop payment as this site is now considered suspect, sorry I did not know was only looking via google shopping.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Three connection89
      2. connect tablet26
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??11
      4. Question for electrician on bathroom fan44

See more discussions