dvd to external hard drive for ps3

4 replies
Found 15th Feb 2009
hi we have loads of dvds for my son whos nearly 2 but he keeps taking dvds out the cases and throws them about so to protect them i was thinking about putting them onto a external hardrive and playing them through the ps3 can ths be done and what would i need ?

4 Comments

Banned

im doing that right now i have movies etc on my external hdd i have a 500gb western digital there are some good prices going for them, some dvds are copy protected for burning into a pc/laptop there is software to do this with the non copy protected,

or be a:pirate: to get them on an external

the ps3 wont read dvd files from anything but a dvd. you will need to convert them to avi or mp4.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4385608

the ps3 wont read dvd files from anything but a dvd. you will need to … the ps3 wont read dvd files from anything but a dvd. you will need to convert them to avi or mp4.

cool if i change them to avis then they will be fine

what about a dvd player for in our room would it be possible to get one that plays them via the hardrive or s that asking too much?

If i were you i would just download the dvds you already have off the internet, quicker than ripping and you get smaller files.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57586
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions