Groups

DVDRW Not being recognized with Windows

Obvious question in regards to this is does it show up in bios, and fortunately it does. So im guessing it is a software related issue.

Can't remember exactly the last time I used it though, but I know it was working less than a month ago.

Wouldn't care, i work with computers... but im clueless as to why it would randomly not show up unless it was broke. needless to say if its all connected as bios detects it. Had this homebuilt PC for over 3 years and never an issue until now.. (I guess i can put my warranty to 3 years) lol.

11 Comments

Original Poster

Worth noting, i've uninstalled IDE controllers and it reinstalled them via device manager, but was not detected

another obvious but have to ask

there are 2 types minus and plus are you sure you got the right opine

Original Poster

Minus and plus?...

The drive is not showing up in My computer, or computer management. I dunno if it even makes a difference if its either.
    Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 8th Apr 2011

Try here for solution

Nero and Roxio have been known to cause similar issue's try uninstalling, Then restart, See if DVD drive works.

^that should def work for error code 39

Original Poster

Just uninstalling nero atm.

I tried that microsoft program, i get an error when it looks for fixing it. Nothing identifiable stated, just an error "please try again later"

Nero is still uninstalling. God i had programs that take longer to uninstall.. where's the sense in that!

is it a dell machine? my brother had this issue and needed to install a reg key for it to show up

it's more than likely your upp and lower filters.

download imgburn and open/run then tools/ filter driver load order and remove the upper and lower filters the reboot computer

Original Poster

dontasciime

it's more than likely your upp and lower filters. download imgburn and … it's more than likely your upp and lower filters. download imgburn and open/run then tools/ filter driver load order and remove the upper and lower filters the reboot computer

No filters to remove, I done that via the registry before hand.

I'm guessing only a fresh reinstall will fix it.

BTW, it's not a dell machine, it's one i built a few year ago

Cheers for the help anyway!

Banned

Have you put a dvdr/dvdrw in it? I've had similar problems.

DarrylJohn

No filters to remove, I done that via the registry before hand.I'm … No filters to remove, I done that via the registry before hand.I'm guessing only a fresh reinstall will fix it. BTW, it's not a dell machine, it's one i built a few year agoCheers for the help anyway!

#

It's not specific to dell even if a google search indicates that. If you removed them via reg then and still no good you should uninstall the actually controller it's connected to you could try ImgBurn tools menu again this time using reset DMA. If that says it can't find any controller to reset do it manually in device manger (not the same as uninstalling your DVD ROM drive from there)

reboot your machine afterwards though

make sure to change ide cable as well even though bios picks it up. which drive is it btw....

uninstall Incd packet writing software/ deamon tools/ sptd/ alcohol 120/ anydvd/ and any other virtual software in use to mount cds/dvd

see if you can find a tool that completely removes nero / properly

Edited by: "dontasciime" 8th Apr 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1644
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764445
      3. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk32
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1425

See more discussions