Groups

DVDs bought form a holiday??!!!

Banned
    hello there..... just wanted some advise....

I brought some dvds from my holiday from a shop (imported) they are region 0 and are purple on the bottom but have original casing with the dvd as a original feautures menu's and everything as a dvd. Even the dvd has no label stuck to it, it is actually printed onto the dvd. Is this classified as a fake?

Thanks

Nacho

10 Comments

Yep, unless the person burning to DVD-R owns the copyright. Which assuming they are well know films I doubt lol

Anything with coloured dye is surely a fake. I've bought some very convincing fakes in the past (printed silver, professionally printed packaging), but the dead giveaway is when you look at the disc capacity and it isn't dual layer.

Hope you didn't pay too much for them!

Original Poster Banned

paid bout £5 for them, but they look real

Original Poster Banned

MBeeching;2319803

Anything with coloured dye is surely a fake. I've bought some very … Anything with coloured dye is surely a fake. I've bought some very convincing fakes in the past (printed silver, professionally printed packaging), but the dead giveaway is when you look at the disc capacity and it isn't dual layer.Hope you didn't pay too much for them!

where can you get the dvd-r that have a silver finish layer on the bottom?

nacholibre;2319869

You can't, Silver bottoms have to be replicated from a glass master. :thumbsup:

nacholibre;2319869

I don't know,every DVD i've bought from eBay has been fake though. These three spring immediately to mind and irritate me:
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Criterion
    The Life Aquatic: Criterion
    Crash

There are lots of ways to spot fakes, most have a slight purple tinge to the bottom of the disk. The others are called Silvers as they are done on official DVD mastering equipment (still fake though). Most covers will be colour photocopies and the paper quality wont be great.

It it seems to good to be true then it usually is.

MBeeching;2319927

I don't know,every DVD i've bought from eBay has been fake though. These … I don't know,every DVD i've bought from eBay has been fake though. These three spring immediately to mind and irritate me:Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: CriterionThe Life Aquatic: CriterionCrash

You do know that not all originals are dual layer don't you? Just checking :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Are lightscribe disks dvd blank ones silver on the bottom?

Nacho

nacholibre;2320164

Are lightscribe disks dvd blank ones silver on the bottom?Nacho

No, Purple on the bottom, Gold on the top, no burnable DVDR media has a silver bottom because it needs to have the Purple dye to "burn" into :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46
      3. Best Wi-Fi extender22
      4. Car park fine UKPC1010

See more discussions