Groups

Dvi To Hdmi Cable Help

I have just bought a dvi to hdmi cable but wont get signal on my tv when connected tv just stays on black screen? Dvi to Vga works fine. I have an Asus 4830 Graphics Card Installed.

16 Comments

In catalyst control centre go to "desktops and displays" and click detect displays,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7950937

In catalyst control centre go to "desktops and displays" and click detect … In catalyst control centre go to "desktops and displays" and click detect displays,

Thanks. Ok have done that, Do i need to do anything else?

michaelanderson;7951029

Thanks. Ok have done that, Do i need to do anything else?

Has anything appeared on TV ?.
    And is it showing 2 displays in CCC ?

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7951057

Has anything appeared on TV ?.

Do i need to try hdmi cable again?

michaelanderson;7951072

Do i need to try hdmi cable again?

You need it connected up and then click detect displays or go to display options and select "detect displays whenever CCC starts

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7951099

You need it connected up and then click detect displays or go to display … You need it connected up and then click detect displays or go to display options and select "detect displays whenever CCC starts

michaelanderson;7951108

But cant see screen when connected up as stays black

Does it show 2 displays in catalyst control centre ?. under desktops and displays

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7951141

Does it show 2 displays in catalyst control centre ?. under desktops and … Does it show 2 displays in catalyst control centre ?. under desktops and displays

no just 1, My vga connnection too my tv

michaelanderson;7951154

no just 1, My vga connnection too my tv

Sorry didnt realise you also had your VGA connected ,Never done it like that but it might only work if you have just one connected,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7951167

Sorry didnt realise you also had your VGA connected ,Never done it like … Sorry didnt realise you also had your VGA connected ,Never done it like that but it might only work if you have just one connected,

Ok, Problem is when hdmi cable is connected its not showing desktop up on tv so cant see catalyst centre
    Also each timei have tried have always had only one connected

michaelanderson;7951182

Ok, Problem is when hdmi cable is connected its not showing desktop up on … Ok, Problem is when hdmi cable is connected its not showing desktop up on tv so cant see catalyst centre

You could try connecting just the HDMI and restarting your PC,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7951194

You could try connecting just the HDMI and restarting your PC,

Thanks, No luck

michaelanderson;7951273

Thanks, No luck

Sorry cant help as i have always had mine connected to a monitor and TV at the same time,That way you can set up dual displays,maybe someone else will know,

If I am reading right, the issue might be that CCC is seeing the hdmi/dvi connection as a 2nd monitor so you need to click extend display or make primary to get it to view on that screen.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7951499

Connect it up, turn it all off, then turn TV on, set it to the right … Connect it up, turn it all off, then turn TV on, set it to the right input, then turn the PC on.

Thanks but didnt work.
    ryouga;7951577

If I am reading right, the issue might be that CCC is seeing the hdmi/dvi … If I am reading right, the issue might be that CCC is seeing the hdmi/dvi connection as a 2nd monitor so you need to click extend display or make primary to get it to view on that screen.

Its not seeing 2 monitors just the one, At moment my pc is connected to my TV via an DVI to VGA cable but when i unplug that and try my DVI to HDMI no luck

I had this issue with my monitor, with the catalyst drivers installed the DVI to HDMI cable didn't work. As I was getting an HDMI to HDMI cable and that worked with the included DVI to HDMI adapter I just put it down to a poor cable.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491
      5. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364

See more discussions