Groups

DVLA Car tax disc gone missing from my car

Last week I took it to a car wash place and I think they misplaced it or took it...Can someone claim my remaining money on the car tax?

also, I cant rememeber if my car was taxed for 6 or 12...do dont know the expiry.>how can I check this out free of cost.

I have got a penalty ticket this AM..as i hardly use the car but my noble parking attended notice this a week later and stuck a 120£ fine..

how do I go about this...need to check if my car is taxed now before i can even drive...Where do i go as its the weekend...

8 Comments

it took you HOW LONG to realise your TAX Disc was missing?

Post office that is a) open, b) does car tax.

Which parking attendant was this? Was it a council ticket?

Find out when it ran out at taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Evl…iry

Original Poster

it took me a week. I drove it last saturday.. got it cleaned then..

I dont drive the car much.>

also its Hammersmith council ticket. will probably get another one on Monday if i dont move the car elsewhere

Report it as stolen and put a note in the window with the crime number saying tax disc stolen?

Is there a dvla local office near you? They'll issue a replacement if you take your documents along.

A replacement tax disc costs £7 (from memory).

Banned

Rupee Man;8969315

it took me a week. I drove it last saturday.. got it cleaned then..I dont … it took me a week. I drove it last saturday.. got it cleaned then..I dont drive the car much.>also its Hammersmith council ticket. will probably get another one on Monday if i dont move the car elsewhere

wtf!

you received a £120 parking ticket but still left the car in the same position?

the car is still taxed so can be driven so park it off road ASAP else you'll get another parking fine AND maybe a fine for failing to display a valid tax disk.

£120 ticket for illegal parking is unreal.

Original Poster

called the police and reported it.

I didnt choose to park it on the street..In London, well near enough central London where I live, you cant park off street..I have a permit area and there is no other place to park as i don't have a drive way or a garage.

So I will have to go to the post office before the warden slaps another fine..which i will have to fight with the council now...******** hell..

Wish I could do something about that car wash place...I guess, i should have been more vigilant rather than bad mouthing now..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word survey1316
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35
      3. Car park fine UKPC99
      4. Ideas to decorate bedroom35

See more discussions