Expired

DVLA paper license counterpart replacement

Found 2nd Jul 2014
I have lost the paper counterpart to my driving license which I now need. Thing is the website says to get a replacement you need a valid passport? Mine is out of date.

I still have my photo license though. Is this ok for I.D for the replacement?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I'd of thought if the website says you need passport then you need passport
Think you might have answered your own question there!
can't be right? not everyone has a passport?
AL1S0N

can't be right? not everyone has a passport?

Get a passport. All you need to get one is the paper counterpart of your driving licence.
Original Poster
i thought they wouldve needed the passport as its photo i.d if you had lost or damaged the photo driving license. Ive only lost the paper counterpart so wondered if I could use my photo driving license which is still valid to get a full replacement
Edited by: "Eez1" 2nd Jul 2014
craigstephens

Get a passport. All you need to get one is the paper counterpart of your … Get a passport. All you need to get one is the paper counterpart of your driving licence.

Get a paperpart passport by using your driving counter licence. They all have to be lost or out of date though of course
You can also use a birth certificate, from the DVLA site:

UK birth and adoption certificates

You can use a UK birth and adoption certificate, but you must be send it with 1 of the following:

National Insurance card or a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions showing your National Insurance number
photocopy of the front page of a benefits book or an original benefits claim letter
P45, P60 or pay slip
marriage certificate or divorce papers (decree nisi or absolute)
college or university union card, school record or PASS CitizenCard
My husband recently lost his green paper part, and he didnt need a passport or birth certificate, or any form of ID. We rung the DVLA and over the phone she ordered the new one, (they have to issue you a new card as well) and we paid the £20 over the phone. It arrived a few days later and we then had to send back the old card for them to destroy.
Original Poster
missgem

My husband recently lost his green paper part, and he didnt need a … My husband recently lost his green paper part, and he didnt need a passport or birth certificate, or any form of ID. We rung the DVLA and over the phone she ordered the new one, (they have to issue you a new card as well) and we paid the £20 over the phone. It arrived a few days later and we then had to send back the old card for them to destroy.

ive just done it like that this morning cheers
Eez1

ive just done it like that this morning cheers

Welcome xx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants