Groups

dvla say im not the registered keeper anymore ??

I bought a car in 01/08/2016 i sent application v62 to dvla i got v5 , today morning i received (( acknowledgement this confirm the we have update our record for this vehicle and you are mo longer the registered keeper )) i called dvla the system down for few days , im worry now if anyone have same problem before ???? The man who sold me the car disappear ,,,, please help

13 Comments

You've had the car thirty-five years?

Guessing by username, they bought it 6 years before they were born as well : -)

Did the original seller have the V5?
    I guess not and they spun you some story?
    Sounds like they had the V5 hidden away, you put your v62 paperwork in, and they've just effectively reversed it.

Original Poster

cootuk2

Did the original seller have the V5?I guess not and they spun you some … Did the original seller have the V5?I guess not and they spun you some story?Sounds like they had the V5 hidden away, you put your v62 paperwork in, and they've just effectively reversed it.

When i bought i he gave me green part (part new keeper ) i did hpi and all clear but how dvla register the car under my name at first place ????

Why send in a v62 then if the V5 had been filled out?
    How long did you wait before doing the V62?
    Have they received both the v5 off the seller and a V62 off you so it's been double registered to you?

"Used vehicles

The way a used vehicle is registered to you depends on whether it has a V5C registration certificate (log book).

Vehicle has a registration certificate (V5C)

The seller must:
    ##complete section 6 of the V5C (‘new keeper or new name/new address details’)
    ##sign the declaration in section 8 (you must do this too)
    ##fill in section 10 (‘new keeper supplement’) and give it to you - this section is also known as the V5C/2
    ##send the V5C to DVLA

DVLA aims to send out a new V5C to you within 2 to 4 weeks of getting the old V5C from the seller.

If you don’t get it within 4 weeks:
    ##complete form V62 - ‘Application for a vehicle registration certificate’
    ##send it to DVLA with the V5C/2 given to you by the seller - if you don’t send in the V5C/2, you’ll have to pay a fee

Edited by: "cootuk2" 9th Sep 2016

doesn't really matter who the registered keeper is, the owner is the person with the receipt for buying it, so if you have that or some other evidence that you bought the car then no-one else can claim it is theirs

If dvla sent u v5c why now said u r no longer car keeper ,???
    If anything bad happen dvla responsibility to pay u your money back
    Legally u r now the owner how come someone take ur car without logbook or write to dvla
    I hope someone here can help u ^__^

I do hope you are not the victim of a scam
    hpicheck.com/blo…-2/
    and did all the checking before parting with your money.

Original Poster

tardytortoise

I do hope you are not the victim of a … I do hope you are not the victim of a scamhttps://hpicheck.com/blog/common-v5c-scams-2/and did all the checking before parting with your money.

I did check with : www.checkmycar and with rac passport and with text msgs as well , all clear the seller gave me part 10 new keeper and i dont want wait he to send v5c i send v62 4 weeks I received v5c under my name ,,,,, today they told me im not the car registration keeper , isnt my fault if car was stolen ,??? I checked with dvla and I reported to police and i did hpi check all clear ,?? Really i feel sick now and my wife sick as well this all our saving

diana1987

I did check with : http://www.checkmycar and with rac passport and with … I did check with : http://www.checkmycar and with rac passport and with text msgs as well , all clear the seller gave me part 10 new keeper and i dont want wait he to send v5c i send v62 4 weeks I received v5c under my name ,,,,, today they told me im not the car registration keeper , isnt my fault if car was stolen ,??? I checked with dvla and I reported to police and i did hpi check all clear ,?? Really i feel sick now and my wife sick as well this all our saving

So you sent a V62 form even though the seller was sending the V5C separately? Not sure why you would did that..

I don't know much about this but could it be that they sent the V5C after it was already changed to you using the V62 therefore changing the details again i.e. which is why you received an automated message - although they would be the same is it not done by an automated system?
    Edited by: "joshp" 9th Sep 2016

Maybe u have to find solicitor to take dvla court
    From now Diana
    Dvla responsible for this mess u are the owner and u have v5c from them
    And u did all right don't worry and take ur wife out relax
    ^__^
    Edited by: "pal4ever" 9th Sep 2016

You didnt need to send the V62. The dvla have processed the two sets of paperwork. I wonder if youve accidentally added yourself twice so number of former keepers has increased by more than 1
    Edited by: "cootuk2" 9th Sep 2016

Easiest thing to do is ring DVLA and get to bottom of this. Could be a lot of variables in play.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions