Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

DWP (PIP) Payment - I don't understand

Posted 20th Feb 2019Edited by:"squiff"
I just checked my online banking and have found a payment for £16.60 from the DWP for PIP. I did apply for PIP and had a face-to-face assessment 5 weeks ago (please don't judge me without knowing my circumstances).

I'm confused for the following four reasons

1. At NO point have I given the DWP/Capita the details for this particular bank account
2. I haven't had a letter to say whether or not my application has been 'successful'
3. I don't know why they've paid this particular amount into my account
4. The code for the payment is CBSL - PIP DWP which comes up with nothing that I can find on Google.

If anyone has any idea what this payment is for or how they've got my bank details please enlighten me! Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
squiff20/02/2019 22:22

Ohhh, yes it is. I did claim £16.60 for travel expenses as we had to get …Ohhh, yes it is. I did claim £16.60 for travel expenses as we had to get taxis. You're right, that's what it is. I don't remember giving them the details for this account but I must have done so mystery solved, thanks Money Saving Mum!

You'll score highly on the 'Memory' section of the application
Gollywood20/02/2019 22:37

I don't remember there being one!
deleted701517
CBSL is the company making the payment - Capita Business Services Ltd.
23 Comments
You say you have not given them your details. I would ring the Bank NOW and try to confirm the payment has indeed come from DWP. There are sophisticated scams out there which this may possibly be a part of. Better to look silly than find your account empty.
ccnp11 m ago

You say you have not given them your details. I would ring the Bank NOW …You say you have not given them your details. I would ring the Bank NOW and try to confirm the payment has indeed come from DWP. There are sophisticated scams out there which this may possibly be a part of. Better to look silly than find your account empty.

I'll call the bank tomorrow, thanks CCNP. Money has gone in, not out, so I'm not too worried as this stage, just confused!
Maybe the letter is arriving tomorrow? Sometimes inland revenue pay ahead and write the dates on the letter, I.e the 1st payment is backdated to 19th Feb etc.

They have probably used this account as you may be getting other benefits in that account, who knows
I wouldn’t think it would be that little for a payment. Definitely contact your bank and perhaps chase up your PIP statusas I don’t think I had to wait 5 weeks (though this was 2 years ago and was a transfer from DLA).
Edited by: "Mechtup" 20th Feb 2019
I think benefits generally have your national insurance number in front of them on your bank payment so for pips it would be your national insurance number followed by DWP PIPS.
Did the payment have your NI number as part of the reference, if not then it may not be genuine as my brother in law has disability and his pip payments show his NI number
deleted701517
If you have any other benifit or wages being paid into the account then they will have the information.

This is quite normal.
deleted1447778
Here's a thought, maybe phone the DWP and ask them about the payment
Thanks so much everyone. It does NOT display my National Insurance number and I have no benefits or anything set up on this bank account account. I'll ring the bank first thing in the morning.
deleted70151720/02/2019 21:36

Finally a sensible ,correct reply . Capita facilitate benefits payments for many local and central governments . The conspiracy theorists should not worry the OP .
squiff10 m ago

Thanks so much everyone. It does NOT display my National Insurance number …Thanks so much everyone. It does NOT display my National Insurance number and I have no benefits or anything set up on this bank account account. I'll ring the bank first thing in the morning.

Your bank are unlikely to be able to tell you anything else about the payment.
All dwp/hmrc systems are linked together. They will have got it from your national insurance number.
Could it be your expenses for travelling to the assessment centre? These are paid by BACS and it's too low to be a payment for an award of PIP.
Edited by: "Money_Saving_Mum" 20th Feb 2019
Money_Saving_Mum20/02/2019 22:12

Could it be your expenses for travelling to the assessment centre? These …Could it be your expenses for travelling to the assessment centre? These are paid by BACS and it's too low to be a payment for an award of PIP.

Ohhh, yes it is. I did claim £16.60 for travel expenses as we had to get taxis. You're right, that's what it is. I don't remember giving them the details for this account but I must have done so mystery solved, thanks Money Saving Mum!
Might be cold weather payment
squiff20/02/2019 22:22

Ohhh, yes it is. I did claim £16.60 for travel expenses as we had to get …Ohhh, yes it is. I did claim £16.60 for travel expenses as we had to get taxis. You're right, that's what it is. I don't remember giving them the details for this account but I must have done so mystery solved, thanks Money Saving Mum!

squiff24 m ago

Glad to have helped!
Gollywood20/02/2019 22:37

squiff1 m ago

deleted70151720/02/2019 21:36

i preferred this answer, it was more entertaining
54KUR420/02/2019 21:02

CBSL , If you Google it, says from the bank of Central Bank of Sri Lanka

Normally when you fill in the PIP claim form, it will ask you whether you want any payments to be made to the same account as your ESA is paid. Maybe you said yes to that question?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants