Dyes to go in white paint ...any ideas where to buy them from please?

Found 19th Mar 2009
Years ago you used to be able to bye dyes to go into paints to make your own colours up.......Ive got a big tin of Masonry paint (white) and I am wanting to turn it Green ...anyone got any ideas where I can buy it from?
Someone out there must be able to help...any painters out there this question is for you...I hope!!
Community Updates
MiscPaint
5 Comments
you can still get them but they are extremely rare as you can have masonary paint mixed on a colour mixing machine nowadays to almost any colour under the sun
I never ever thought that they were any good. I always thought that the paint never really was mixed properly. When you look, "as said above" at mixing machines nowadays is there even a need for them?
kemo;4685208

I never ever thought that they were any good. I always thought that the … I never ever thought that they were any good. I always thought that the paint never really was mixed properly. When you look, "as said above" at mixing machines nowadays is there even a need for them?

with a mixing machine least you always get the same colour if you run out, with dyes its more like guess work
kemo;4685208

I never ever thought that they were any good. I always thought that the … I never ever thought that they were any good. I always thought that the paint never really was mixed properly. When you look, "as said above" at mixing machines nowadays is there even a need for them?

yeahbthis is true......but i already have the white paint and need to make it deep green!
no point wasting what i already have
I think you'll be wasting your money on dye as you probably wont get a uniform colour throughout.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants