Dyson 5-Year Guarantee/Warranty

Found 15th Dec 2011
Has anybody else had trouble getting the free 5-year guarantee/warranty on their new Dyson hoover, we had a brand new DC25 Dyson Ball bought for us as a present and the person that bought it has lost the receipt so we cannot provide proof of purchase and Dyson will not let us have the free 5-year guarantee, we are fuming as this hoover cost over £300.00 and if it goes wrong we will have to pay out.

What can I do ??

Surely not everybody has a receipt when they register something for guarantee/warranty ??
Community Updates
25 Comments
It was bought as a present for us and the person that bought it does not have the receipt so it is not my fault either
What about a bank statement or credit card statement. it's still proof of purchase.
It was paid for by cash unfortunately.
People lose receipts all of the time, Dyson must have come across this before, most people do not have a receipt when they have something for a present, this hoover cost £325.00 so I expect to get a 5-year free guarantee from Dyson for it.
They don't ask for the receipt unless the manufacturing date of the hover is older than 5 years of when you are asking for service..

Great company, always helpful if I have a question.

we are fuming as this hoover cost over £300.00

who spend £300 on a present and doesn't keep a receipt..
must be loaded - just get them to buy you another if it goes wrong
We have the box and the brand new hoover at home here, that is proof of purchase surely ??
From memory, I did not need my receipt when I registered mine although they may request it if you claim. Are you sure you need the receipt to register? Where did the person buy it from, are the shop not able to help? Dyson are very robust mine has been going strong 8 years - but unfortunately we all know about 'sods law'.
Edited by: "maccy1" 15th Dec 2011
We have been through alot this year and needed a new hoover desperately and an elderley relative bought one for us and they cannot find the receipt.
It was bought from John Lewis, says so on the box.
MadMumof4

We have the box and the brand new hoover at home here, that is proof of … We have the box and the brand new hoover at home here, that is proof of purchase surely ??

There's your problem - try HERE
Go away unless you can help please, find another thread to argue on
MadMumof4

It was bought as a present for us and the person that bought it does not … It was bought as a present for us and the person that bought it does not have the receipt so it is not my fault either

That's really funny. You must be Perry as Kevin's a boy.
That's a Hoover website, this is a DYSON
NO, not Perry, just me
Don't you just hate people who go onto other people's threads just to cause trouble, what sad lives they must have - HaHa
Whats the point of this person on here - HaHa
MadMumof4

Whats the point of this person on here - HaHa

Ha ha
Just looking for some REAL advice, never mind, should of known better I guess..............
MadMumof4

Just looking for some REAL advice, never mind, should of known better I … Just looking for some REAL advice, never mind, should of known better I guess..............

But you've had it. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't make it bad advice.
Bye Bye
MadMumof4

We have the box and the brand new hoover at home here, that is proof of … We have the box and the brand new hoover at home here, that is proof of purchase surely ??

MadMumof4

We have been through alot this year and needed a new hoover desperately … We have been through alot this year and needed a new hoover desperately and an elderley relative bought one for us and they cannot find the receipt.

DAMNOME

MadMumof4

oO

Mad indeed. Glad to see my taxes going to good use.
y dont u just get next mans bank statement copy.... and stick in the box, file, folder, what ever somewhere safe, plus all u say u do have proof dont tell em abt the recipt b cuz they never chek mine.... wen i do have 1....
MadMumof4

MadMumof4

We have been through alot this year and needed a new hoover desperately … We have been through alot this year and needed a new hoover desperately and an elderley relative bought one for us and they cannot find the receipt.

DAMNOME

MadMumof4

X)
Madmum- 'Dyson' is the brand name for a 'vacuum cleaner'.
'Hoover' is another brand of vacuum cleaner
So a 'Dyson' can't be a 'Hoover' just like a Coke can not be a Pepsi.

I also have the dyson ball (bought from the dreaded retailer that is Comet) and its a great piece of equipment. I registered mine online and I'm sure it asked for date of purchase etc. Saying that, Its SO SO robust that its like it was on day one and still has a really stron suction etc. Honestly, you needn't fret too much. As for JL, they're equally as good with their service as is Dyson. Why not try and ask your relative to recal the DATE of purchase and maybe JL could look through transactions for you? It's a lot to ask of them, but you never know.
Edited by: "samwants2save" 16th Dec 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants