Dyson Cordless range - V6 Absolute or V6 Total Clean?

Found 28th Aug 2017
I want to buy one of the Dyson V6 cordless sticks but having trouble picking which is the best value for money. I have 50% carpet and 50% laminate/tiles.

I've found the V6 Total Clean on their eBay refurb outlet for £219.99 (inc. the £50 discount) ebay.co.uk/itm…928\

and the V6 Absolute is £239.99 brand new on Amazon amazon.co.uk/Dys…ess

I think the main difference is the different hardfloor tools they have but I don't know which one is better or of better value? (I don't have an issue with one being refurb, just want the best for the money)

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments
I remember reading somewhere that the v6 total clean is better if you have both carpet & laminate as it comes with 2 separate head attachments (1 that's great for carpets, other is great on laminate). The absolute only comes with 1 attachment designed to be used on BOTH carpet and laminate (which is not as good as either of the separate ones). I can't say for sure as I actually grabbed a refurbished v8 absolute when I saw a fab deal for it on here. I hope others can help you more - I know how confusing the different versions are! Good luck!
Id say save a bit more and get a V8. Ive had both, and the V8 is far more superior in suction and the way it fits my hand. V6 is still good but for the extra money the V8 is just incredible.
Original Poster
ThePasty15 m ago

Id say save a bit more and get a V8. Ive had both, and the V8 is far more …Id say save a bit more and get a V8. Ive had both, and the V8 is far more superior in suction and the way it fits my hand. V6 is still good but for the extra money the V8 is just incredible.

Yeh I thought about that but its for an apartment with no animals so doesn't seem viable to me spend an extra £150-200 more at the moment, hence trying to pick a V6 to buy
redfanatic59 m ago

Yeh I thought about that but its for an apartment with no animals so …Yeh I thought about that but its for an apartment with no animals so doesn't seem viable to me spend an extra £150-200 more at the moment, hence trying to pick a V6 to buy

Fair enough.

Save another £5 if you get it from the Coop Electrical (price is £249.99 without code) with code CBF15

Go via quidco and you might get a further 2% back.

31833003-N3v3U.jpg
Edited by: "TPGone" 28th Aug 2017
I managed to pick up the V6 total clean, with a bag of attachments etc. last bank holiday weekend from Currys for £289. I honestly couldnt work out what the difference bewtween the 2 were as they both had HEPA filter (my girl friend is crazy alergic to dust) and the colours. There must have been somethere I was missing.

I would have loved to get the V8 as the V6 last SPOT on 20 mins whereas the V8 is 40 mins. SO depends how long it takes for you to clean
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants