Expired

Dyson DC25 Animal - Loss of suction?

Found 2nd Jan 2014
My Dyson DC25 has been slowly losing suction now for around a year or so, no obvious blockages, i have had all the pipes off to check / clean. Filters are cleaned regularly.

It is still under 5 year warranty just - any ideas what i could do to fix before calling an engineer (not sure that they would fix it?)

Really noticable when i used my mums the other day (about the same age) hers almost stuck to the floor it had that much suction.
Community Updates
AskDysonVacuum Cleaner
16 Comments
There is a seal between cylinder and hover were the dirt collects, it's a rubber seal is that there?
Sounds like a poor seal on one or more of the joints thats causing a loss of vacuum to the head.Try running you hand over all the joints and see if you can feel any air being sucked in.If you just use the wand does it increase at all?
mmandy93

There is a seal between cylinder and hover were the dirt collects, it's a … There is a seal between cylinder and hover were the dirt collects, it's a rubber seal is that there?

Yep that seal is there, i had a look round all the seals first as it seemed obvious. Using tissue paper i haven't been able to find any "suction leakage".

arachnoid

Sounds like a poor seal on one or more of the joints thats causing a loss … Sounds like a poor seal on one or more of the joints thats causing a loss of vacuum to the head.Try running you hand over all the joints and see if you can feel any air being sucked in.If you just use the wand does it increase at all?

Wand has fairly poor suction also.But its hard to tell as through the wand it seems more concentrated anyway...?
When you last cleaned filter did it start after that?
There is a utube clip which shows the main problems with this machine perhaps a look would help?

(_;)
youtube.com/watch?v=e1a38GBXpQo‎

You could also so Try

dysonforum.com/
Edited by: "DEALWARRIOR" 2nd Jan 2014
mmandy93

When you last cleaned filter did it start after that?

No i dont think so - it has been gradually fading over the last year or so...
If you can, change dirt collector with your mums, at least you can rule out that part, there are a lot of seals within that part
mmandy93

If you can, change dirt collector with your mums, at least you can rule … If you can, change dirt collector with your mums, at least you can rule out that part, there are a lot of seals within that part

But don't tell her!
There are two filters

(_;)
Best off calling them out if it's still under guarantee I had to call them out 1 week before 5 year guarantee ran out to fix something before it got worse
The motor could be on its way out
markwelch1234

Best off calling them out if it's still under guarantee I had to call … Best off calling them out if it's still under guarantee I had to call them out 1 week before 5 year guarantee ran out to fix something before it got worse

Yep dropped them an email tonight.
DEALWARRIOR

There are two filters(_;)

Yeh i know ;-)
If you phone them direct you make an appointment over the phone when a service repare guy is available
markwelch1234

If you phone them direct you make an appointment over the phone when a … If you phone them direct you make an appointment over the phone when a service repare guy is available

OK i will followup tomorrow with a phonecall. I was a bit late tonight (they close at

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants