Expired

Dyson DC25 Question...

7 replies
Found 8th Jul 2014
Ok - so my DC25 is about 10 days out of warranty - typical!

Had some suction issues - which i have resolve with a good clean (brush) of the cyclone.

However - just now, the ball started making a clicking noise, as if it was catching on something... then ceased up. If i lay the machine down (do there is no downward pressure) it spins freely.

I can't see anything obvious, so i am guessing it is likely a bearing / axel joint. Cant find anything online though...

It may be time to trade up and get a new one... but trying to eek the last life out of this trusty sucker first!

7 Comments

Dyson are apparently very good for repairs etc.. Even though your just out of warranty I'd give them a call.

Call them and they'll put you in touch with a local dyson repair tech. Ours needed fixing, he replaced a lot of bits that we didn't know needed doing all for one flat rate price.

Original Poster

Yep I called them. £79.99 for a service is my only option. These things are very serviceable though so I want to do it myself

patonar

Yep I called them. £79.99 for a service is my only option. These things … Yep I called them. £79.99 for a service is my only option. These things are very serviceable though so I want to do it myself

As much as it may be annoying paying the £79.99 it will be fully repaired and any new bits needed will be fitted. The motor went on my old dyson and I decided to just get a new vax,it was shocking and I returned it two days later. Got the Dyson repaired and it lasted another 3 years(motor went again but I was using it for plaster/sawdust etc so my own fault)
If you are happy with it then surely £79.99 is worth it,you wont get another that cheap? Unless you have your eye on something else

Can you repair it yourself? Non branded parts are very cheap on ebay im sure
Just a thought, its nothing from inside the ball?
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 8th Jul 2014

Banned

Dyson's suck.

There are lots of videos from Dyson spares supplies on YouTube - I've found them helpful in the past. No idea if your problem is covered by worth a look.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    2. Driving anxiety.1517
    3. Xbox Newbie34
    4. private number44

See more discussions