Dyson has scrapped its electric car project...

Posted 10th Oct
He's got the leaving/quitting bug now hasn't he?!

The division employs 500 UK workers.
So that's 500 layoffs...

'Ere! James, why don't you design a cordless (insert word here)?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

16 Comments
K
'Ere! James, why don't you design a cordless (brewery)?
I reckon James would do well if he partnered up with Anne Summers.
Lithium Ion powered massagers for relentless bzzzz-bzzz action.
Edited by: "TopTrump" 10th Oct
This project was doomed from the start. Who'd buy a car where they'd be spinning around in a cyclone inside the car.
radium10/10/2019 17:48

This project was doomed from the start. Who'd buy a car where they'd be …This project was doomed from the start. Who'd buy a car where they'd be spinning around in a cyclone inside the car.

yeah, but think of that spotless car interior and boot storage?

Actually, you've just come up with a genius invention. The Dyson road-sweeper or railtrack sweeper?
Just think! It could revolutionise travel into something reliable!!
Edited by: "TopTrump" 10th Oct
Cleaning vehicles for streets Dyson. This is an idea. They are in the cleaning industry after all, cyclones would come in handy.
38641774-QNFTQ.jpg
MR112310/10/2019 18:11

Cleaning vehicles for streets Dyson. This is an idea. They are in the …Cleaning vehicles for streets Dyson. This is an idea. They are in the cleaning industry after all, cyclones would come in handy. [Image]

But will it have a digital motor?
Probably couldn't get anyone to work for nothing while making him even richer .
I didn't even realise they had an electric car project. Odd category for them to enter, not surprised it didn't work out.
Edited by: "jamie15" 10th Oct
They should have a leaf blower,
jamie1510/10/2019 19:19

I didn't even realise they had an electric car project. Odd category for …I didn't even realise they had an electric car project. Odd category for them to enter, not surprised it didn't work out.

Yep was moving their head office to Singapore because of the incentive they would offer and tried to buy the Honda plant at Swindon but Honda said no.
'Ere! James, why don't you design a cordless guitar?
eslick10/10/2019 22:39

Yep was moving their head office to Singapore because of the incentive …Yep was moving their head office to Singapore because of the incentive they would offer and tried to buy the Honda plant at Swindon but Honda said no.

Honda said no because they wanted to use/ buy their second car plant which has been gutted and used as a parts warehouse. Why would they sell something they need and use?
666FU11/10/2019 01:32

Honda said no because they wanted to use/ buy their second car plant which …Honda said no because they wanted to use/ buy their second car plant which has been gutted and used as a parts warehouse. Why would they sell something they need and use?

That’s not what Honda said at the time, and a quick search now they simply commented they didn’t agree and couldn’t comment fir legal reasons. Will have a search again in the morning as l like to understand what went on, as at the time it looked like they didn’t want to help their own workers find jobs just because Honda didn’t want to another car company making cars there. But as we know we can’t trust most news stories.
eslick11/10/2019 03:40

That’s not what Honda said at the time, and a quick search now they simply …That’s not what Honda said at the time, and a quick search now they simply commented they didn’t agree and couldn’t comment fir legal reasons. Will have a search again in the morning as l like to understand what went on, as at the time it looked like they didn’t want to help their own workers find jobs just because Honda didn’t want to another car company making cars there. But as we know we can’t trust most news stories.

I'm currently sat in Honda and can confirm car plant 2 is being used for storage and has been for years. But yes Honda would be stupid if Dyson (or any other car manufacturer) wanted to buy the place once it closes, surely that's how they would get the most amount of money for the place.
666FU11/10/2019 04:58

I'm currently sat in Honda and can confirm car plant 2 is being used for …I'm currently sat in Honda and can confirm car plant 2 is being used for storage and has been for years. But yes Honda would be stupid if Dyson (or any other car manufacturer) wanted to buy the place once it closes, surely that's how they would get the most amount of money for the place.

Tell your designer buddies to tame down the Civic styling and to make the urban EV have more battery range, at least 250 mile range.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants