Dyson Outlet Refurbished - Yay or Ney?

Found 4th Apr 2016
So the bulk of the standard hoover is starting to get annoying when cleaning the car. I made a post not too long ago wanting recommendations for a cordless handheld and have decided to bite the bullet and just buy a Dyson - expensive but if I want something with decent suction and somewhat good battery life it's the price to pay.

I've got some Nectar points I'm thinking of redeeming (£26 worth) and considering putting it towards a Dyson_Outlet refurbished DC35 (£134) or DC34 (£107).

I'm just wondering I've never ordered a refurbished from Dyson (or any vacuum for that matter from Dyson) and I noticed these only come with a 1yr warranty vs 2yrs on Retail products.

Anyone had any trouble with these after a year or within the year?

How is Dyson support etc?

Is it worth me just getting a retail model?
Community Updates
AskDyson
18 Comments
Are you sure a dyson handheld is suitable for car cleaning? I've never used one in a car but we have the DC34 animal (I think) and I can't see it being too good to tell you the truth. They also say their accessory kits, unless it came with it, for example the car one, won't work on their handheld models.
Original Poster
danielletaylor

Are you sure a dyson handheld is suitable for car cleaning? I've never … Are you sure a dyson handheld is suitable for car cleaning? I've never used one in a car but we have the DC34 animal (I think) and I can't see it being too good to tell you the truth. They also say their accessory kits, unless it came with it, for example the car one, won't work on their handheld models.

From what I hear, everyone just straight up says "Dyson" as all the review I read from other brands just lose their suction or straight up just don't have it. The other upside would be the DC35 can act as a normal vacuum too with the motorised head.

I've been looking for years now and the only conclusion I can come to is just to buy a Dyson handheld.

How is your DC34? How come you would doubt it?
Nay.
I bought a v6 animal from eBay worth the 20% off the other day and it seems to be new beside a slight scuff on the main body. Suction is amazing and it won't have any trouble with the car
Nothing wrong with the suction, it's just the size and accessories I would have doubts about. As I said, I haven't used it in a car so I'd wait for some opinions from others on here. If you've read reviews from others that have then why not? I will say though (which probably won't help you), I work with cars and the only Hoover we've ever been able to rate is the Henry!
Our refurbished Dyson arrived yesterday from Dyson outlet and its mint in the box. Doesn't look like it's ever been used and its got fantastic suction. Also comes with a 12 month guarantee
Original Poster
taiko

Nay.

Any particular reason?

Deaa

I bought a v6 animal from eBay worth the 20% off the other day and it … I bought a v6 animal from eBay worth the 20% off the other day and it seems to be new beside a slight scuff on the main body. Suction is amazing and it won't have any trouble with the car

Wow, ok. Gives me faith

danielletaylor

Nothing wrong with the suction, it's just the size and accessories I … Nothing wrong with the suction, it's just the size and accessories I would have doubts about. As I said, I haven't used it in a car so I'd wait for some opinions from others on here. If you've read reviews from others that have then why not? I will say though (which probably won't help you), I work with cars and the only Hoover we've ever been able to rate is the Henry!

Ah ok fair enough. I was recommended to buy a Henry but sadly it's no handheld haha. But thank you anyway.

stuarthanley

Our refurbished Dyson arrived yesterday from Dyson outlet and its mint in … Our refurbished Dyson arrived yesterday from Dyson outlet and its mint in the box. Doesn't look like it's ever been used and its got fantastic suction. Also comes with a 12 month guarantee

Which one did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I spent my 20% off on a Raspberry Pi 3 haha.
DYSON ARE RUBBISH GET A HENRY 1/3 rd of the price and ten times better
Original Poster
ianjury

DYSON ARE RUBBISH GET A HENRY 1/3 rd of the price and ten times better

Thank you for the recommendation but sadly it's no handheld. Although this would probably be the case I'm interested in handholds only.
Poor Henry! Lol!
M0nk3h

Thank you for the recommendation but sadly it's no handheld. Although … Thank you for the recommendation but sadly it's no handheld. Although this would probably be the case I'm interested in handholds only.

V6 Animal.
Original Poster
stuarthanley

V6 Animal.

Sadly this is out of my budget, the DC34/DC35 would be my only options. How much was the total cost?
Edited by: "M0nk3h" 4th Apr 2016
M0nk3h

Sadly this is out of my budget, the DC34/DC35 would be my only options. … Sadly this is out of my budget, the DC34/DC35 would be my only options. How much was the total cost?

£149.60 using eBay 20% off
stuarthanley

£149.60 using eBay 20% off

Same one :P bargain
Yay
Bought a Dyson Fan Heater two months ago refurbished and was very happy with it, so bought the V6 Animal from them on Thursday with the 20% off. Already planned to anyway at it's full price of £187 as only £7 more than the normal V6, vs the £100 difference for brand new from the shops. Also, I noticed a few people in the thread for the V6 said when they registered for the warranty it came back at 2 years. - As did mine :). Havent used it in the car yet but, it definitely as a lot of suction! Very impressed with it so far.
I've cleaned the car many times with our Dyson handheld (DC44 Origin) and the suction is fantastic.
I bought a DC41 (animal) from there around a year and a half ago and it arrived looking brand new - the only thing that I could see wrong with it was a little scuff (around 2cm) on one of the hose attachments which you can hardly see. The machine looked brand new - no dust/fluff or any sign of use.

I would use the refurbished store again.
Edited by: "mds1256" 6th Apr 2016
I work for dyson. Spent some time in the service dept. Refurbs are sometimes better than new, in the respect that they get issued with the newest parts, I've if the design has been modified in the products lifetime then they always get fitted with the newest parts etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants