Groups
    EXPIRED

Dyson repairs or new cleaner

Banned
    Think our Dyson is giving up as its just set the smoke alarm off and sounds really funny!

We bought this late 2005 so it was only covered by a two year guarantee but looking on their website it says that for £65 they will give it a service for £65 including parts and labour. Does this mean for example if the motor is screwed they will replace that for the £65 and anything else associated with it?

ALso has anyone seen any good deals on new Dyson's if this will cost too much to fix?

4 Comments

Banned

Dont dysons have a 5 yr guarentee, phone the helpline and they will fix it for free.

I think under the sales of goods act, you might have a case towards them as well, as its no longer fit for purpose. It should at least last 5 years imo

Original Poster Banned

I think the 5 year guarantee started in July 2006 and the booklet we got with it was 2 year guarantee only

I'm going to ring them anyway and give it a go! Just after some knowledge before I do so!

Original Poster Banned

Foosball Chum;2553871

Check this out … Check this out fellahttp://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions