Dyson V6 Absolute replacement battery

Found 6th Aug
Hello all,

My dyson v6 absolute vaccuum is no longer charging, the light blinks red around 30 times when attempting to do so. I have contacted dyson who inform me I need a new battery at a price of £60 direct from them. From looking online I can see replacement batteries around £35 on amazon. Specifically this one

‭ Flylinktech 3000mAh dyson V6 21.6v Li-ion Replacement Battery for Dyson DC59 V6 DC58 DC61 DC62 DC72 DC74 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner amazon.co.uk/dp/…4B4

Could anyone kindly let me know their experiences and whether it is worth getting the battery direct from dyson or opting for the cheaper replacement.

Best wishes
Community Updates
13 Comments
Please throw the Dyson in the recycling bin and get a numatic vacuum. Don't get a Henry, hetty, David or goliath, just get a Numatic.

Why? You will never be on any forum saying something's gone wrong with it.
tastemynuts6th Aug

Please throw the Dyson in the recycling bin and get a numatic vacuum. …Please throw the Dyson in the recycling bin and get a numatic vacuum. Don't get a Henry, hetty, David or goliath, just get a Numatic.Why? You will never be on any forum saying something's gone wrong with it.

The attachments are awful on these they fall to bits or the hose splits. Granted the machine itself is solid, the hose is just not fit for purpose, I’m willing to bet there are people on forums complaining about that.

OP I would buy the cheaper one, it’ll do the job if it doesn’t return it and buy dyson. If you are going to throw the dyson in the recycling bin make sure you take that battery out
Does stain still do the service where they will come out and totally recondition your cleaner for a set price? I think it used to be around £80 - it might be worth it for you if they still do it.
Pay the extra £25 unless you know exactly how old and what's in the battery i.e. over current, over voltage etc. Last thing you want is for it to heat up and either catch fire or start leaking steam everywhere.

Don't skimp on high current batteries.
I agree with kester76 if you are going to go with an oem battery go with something like that sold by flylinkteck as linked above or one which can answer quality and safety related questions. Flylinktech sell tons of dyson fitting oem batteries; if you look on amazon there are literally hundreds of reviews and considering most people don’t leave reviews, that would of soon showed any inherent quality issues. fakespot.com/com…ech
Dannyrobbo3 h, 47 m ago

The attachments are awful on these they fall to bits or the hose splits. …The attachments are awful on these they fall to bits or the hose splits. Granted the machine itself is solid, the hose is just not fit for purpose, I’m willing to bet there are people on forums complaining about that.OP I would buy the cheaper one, it’ll do the job if it doesn’t return it and buy dyson. If you are going to throw the dyson in the recycling bin make sure you take that battery out

Clear from your comment you haven't actually read op's question. They already have the machine
psychobitchfromhell21 m ago

Clear from your comment you haven't actually read op's question. They …Clear from your comment you haven't actually read op's question. They already have the machine

I think he's commenting on the Hoover not the Dyson vac.
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 1 m ago

Clear from your comment you haven't actually read op's question. They …Clear from your comment you haven't actually read op's question. They already have the machine

I thought it was clear from my comment I told the OP to buy the cheaper battery. I was quoting the guy who said buy the jumped up Hetty.
Hi everyone thanks so much for your comments. I have decided to purchase from amazon, however the battery on there is 3000 mih and the current dyson one is 2100. It says the more powerful battery will give me longer cleaning time ( an annoying gripe with the dyson is it dies after 20 mins)
Can anyone suggest any issues with going for the more powerful battery?
Thanks once again
Dannyrobbo2 h, 53 m ago

I thought it was clear from my comment I told the OP to buy the cheaper …I thought it was clear from my comment I told the OP to buy the cheaper battery. I was quoting the guy who said buy the jumped up Hetty.

Clear as mud. Even kester thinks you're talking about a hoover!
hakuna_matata27 m ago

Hi everyone thanks so much for your comments. I have decided to purchase …Hi everyone thanks so much for your comments. I have decided to purchase from amazon, however the battery on there is 3000 mih and the current dyson one is 2100. It says the more powerful battery will give me longer cleaning time ( an annoying gripe with the dyson is it dies after 20 mins) Can anyone suggest any issues with going for the more powerful battery?Thanks once again

Unfortunately the dyson will then enable vacuum cleaning for longer. Unless you like that sort of thing of course

Tool manufacturers of cordless equipment have been providing various size lithium battery options for the same tools for a long time
Edited by: "androidavis" 7th Aug
androidavis10 m ago

Unfortunately the dyson will then enable vacuum cleaning for longer. …Unfortunately the dyson will then enable vacuum cleaning for longer. Unless you like that sort of thing of course Tool manufacturers of cordless equipment have been providing various size lithium battery options for the same tools for a long time

Thanks i guess was worried about it overheating when charging. Hopefully will be ok!
hakuna_matata9 m ago

Thanks i guess was worried about it overheating when charging. Hopefully …Thanks i guess was worried about it overheating when charging. Hopefully will be ok!

Unless they have a defective product the battery will just run as normal and eventually run out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants