Dyson V6 worth it?

Posted 4th Jan
The refurbished V6 has been on sale for £129 for a while now but in 2020 is this a good deal for this model? I need a new cordless vacuum and my budget would be up to £150 so does this represent the best value within this budget or is there a better option?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Dyson V6 is garbage
bbfb12304/01/2020 09:20

Dyson V6 is garbage

Could you provide more detail on why you think this?
heardy504/01/2020 09:26

Could you provide more detail on why you think this?

Owned one for 3 years. Battery life is atrocious and the suction power is pathetic. Just replaced it with a corded shark vacuum and it's miles better. Put it this way our Dyson used to pass over specs of dust and rubbish and it didn't pick them up. Plus when it gets clogged up (which it will do after 5 mins), you have to take the whole thing apart and clean it out. Plus when the reservoir is full you have to get a screwdriver and physically pull out bits of dust and hair to empty it.

It's easily the worst vacuum I've had.
As above shark is the way to go..
I’ve seen so many Dysons dumped by bins or in skips, no idea why they’re so popular. Total garbage.
heardy504/01/2020 09:45

Do you use a cordless shark?

shark corded are decent for their price, just don’t buy a shark cordless they are terrible and have a battery life measured in seconds, the dog picks up more bloody crumbs.
V6 is rubbish, we ended up buying an upright Dyson alongside and use the V6 just to pick up crumbs and shite like that.
Dannyrobbo04/01/2020 10:26

shark corded are decent for their price, just don’t buy a shark cordless t …shark corded are decent for their price, just don’t buy a shark cordless they are terrible and have a battery life measured in seconds, the dog picks up more bloody crumbs.

Due to circumstances a corded is not really an option. Looking for the best cordless sub £150, if possible
I've been using a £129 refurb V6 for two years to clean a 4-bed house, quite happy with it. Haven't needed to use a corded vacuum since. YMMV.
heardy504/01/2020 10:36

Due to circumstances a corded is not really an option. Looking for the …Due to circumstances a corded is not really an option. Looking for the best cordless sub £150, if possible

For £209 you can get the cordless vax blade 2 max
adamderak04/01/2020 11:39

For £209 you can get the cordless vax blade 2 max

Thanks for the suggestion. That’s currently more than a V7 or a Shark IF130UKTH so how does it compare?
heardy504/01/2020 11:55

Thanks for the suggestion. That’s currently more than a V7 or a Shark I …Thanks for the suggestion. That’s currently more than a V7 or a Shark IF130UKTH so how does it compare?

techradar.com/uk/…max
Defo
adamderak04/01/2020 11:58

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/vax-blade-ii-max

Thank you, that was a helpful review
heardy504/01/2020 12:08

You mean the V6 is worth it?

Yes. Had the V6 18 months and very pleased with it.
I've got the Vax blade 2 max£200 direct comes with accessories ( from other sellers it doesn't) excellent vacuum
heardy504/01/2020 09:45

Do you use a cordless shark?

The wife is an area cleaning supervisor, and they had dysons and tried other makes, eventually they tried shark and went with them ended up ordering 36 for all the floors on different sites. She recommends all the time..
I’m a dyson van got a big corded animal over 9 years old going strong and the cordless v7 and it’s n absolute dream. No issues, good suction (we have animals and children) battery going well. Think it 2 years now and wouldn’t part with it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions