Dyson V8 or v10?

Found 14th May
Tinking about getting the v8 absolute. More so for wooden floors and to run up the stairs more frequently because of pet hair Labrador.

Seems you can get it between £325-349.

the question is would it be daft putting £349 on a CC for the v8, when the v10 is only a margin £100ish more.

Is there really all that much better difference with the newer model?

Hoping somebody here as tried both and could suggest a recommendation on what model.

Thanks

Community Updates
5 Comments
I do not mean to seem unhelpful, but have you checked out the Miele's at about half the price they are excellent
I have a v8 and could not possibly want for anything more i. Terms of power or performance. Already the high setting which i use quickly 2-3 times across the whole house lifts the whole carpet up. Generally use normal mode on 90% of house then little bit of max power. I then tend to use the remaining 5-8 mins of power to quickly do the car. Alternatively do the whole car then use the remaining 5-8 mins to quickly do the house. Battery is quote as 40mins on normal without attachments and i generally get 20 mins using powered tools and little bit of max mode. Excellent cordless meaning have not used the corded dyson once since i got the v8 5 months ago. V10 is more powerfull obviously but where do you stop? The v8 is more than enough for 98% of jobs. If i had the option of v8 plus the £100 in the bank or the v10........ V8. That being said friends have the V6 and its good in isolation and does the job if they are quick to hoover but my V8 is noticeably better in terms of ease of use and battery. In summary my steer is that the v8 is the model to have. Good luck
Sandy10122 h, 12 m ago

I do not mean to seem unhelpful, but have you checked out the Miele's at …I do not mean to seem unhelpful, but have you checked out the Miele's at about half the price they are excellent

I second that! Mieles are excellent for pet hair.
Thanks all.

re Miele we looked at them but the issue we have as a consumer is a universal model / head that does everything and understand the difference between all the models / heads / attachments. Plus still looks to be £260-350 for complete or cx1 models.

Already got a henry which works well for the carpets the stairs but to humph and drag that out everyday up the stairs is getting tired.

Pet hair is mainly only wooden floors and stairs from socks. So everyday the chore is to hand brush every hard surface floor the suck up for optimal.

Ideal world we thought a cordless stick for convenience and functionality. Soft roller head on the absolute would take 5 minutes to run over floors, motor head for stairs and easy weekend tidy up for car.

Henry can live in the cupboard upstairs.
V10, battery alone is justification
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants