e cig question for someone starting out please

Found 25th Aug 2016
I need help. I'm boggled with all the stuff you can get. I wanna stop smoking and like the look of the cool fire 4 but all the descriptions say no nicotine. I'd like one that gives me a hit of nicotine so I can wean myself off so can I ask please, is it the flavours that provide it or do you have to get special coils. I don't understand and then there's the watts and the volts and the ohms. Can someone please tell me in layman's terms what to do. Thank you

1. Ask
  2. E-Cig
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. E-Cig
25 Comments

Don't smoke myself but my friend just went into a vaping shop and they explained it all andet him try different flavours etc while he was there

i just recently bought the cool fire 4 plus. Its a very good vaper. The "no nicotine" just means you can use it with e-liquids that container no nicotine. Onepoundeliquid is pretty good for eliquid at a pound each for 10ml.
All the liquids come in a variety of nicotine levels to help you wean off. Try a 12mg or 18mg eliquid to start with and you can reduce it slowly to 6 or 3.
Higher watts means more power therefore more heat and more cloud/vapour/flavour. The ohm rating of the coil determines the maximum power it handle.

don't get bogged down with volts and watts just yet, go to Poundland and get a clearomisor, a battery and some juice all for £3. Their juice have 18 mg of nicotine.

Hi Burkos

The nicotine is in the liquid and comes in all different strengths, if you are looking on pages like ebay they have to state the items do not come with nicotine to comply with selling rules.

http://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/aspire-mini-odyssey-kit-tc-inc-free-battery-free-delivery/

This is the Mod I have its more of a smoking replacement rather than a cloud chaser ( loads of smoke)

If you seriously want to give up then stop smoking altogether.Congratulations when you stop smoking you have made the right decision.

Don't buy powerful mods if you starting to quit. 18mg of nicotine even at 30w will taste horrible and will put you off forever.
Good startup device is one of the itaste vv 3 or 4 Innokin iTaste VV4.0 (1000mah, Chromatic) amazon.co.uk/dp/…K5F
Buy kanger protank mini or regular and then some liquids.
You won't have to fiddle with different pg/vg ratios don't have to worry about nicotine content and taste.
Your only worry is to find new liquids that you like and replace the coil every week (10quid for 5).
Suggested this to several people and worked for them. Obviously one size doesn't fit all but worth having a look

Original Poster

Jason89

Hi Burkos The nicotine is in the liquid and comes in all different … Hi Burkos The nicotine is in the liquid and comes in all different strengths, if you are looking on pages like ebay they have to state the items do not come with nicotine to comply with selling rules.

​Thank you

Original Poster

westy125

Don't smoke myself but my friend just went into a vaping shop and they … Don't smoke myself but my friend just went into a vaping shop and they explained it all andet him try different flavours etc while he was there

​Thank you

Original Poster

chiller

i just recently bought the cool fire 4 plus. Its a very good vaper. The … i just recently bought the cool fire 4 plus. Its a very good vaper. The "no nicotine" just means you can use it with e-liquids that container no nicotine. Onepoundeliquid is pretty good for eliquid at a pound each for 10ml.All the liquids come in a variety of nicotine levels to help you wean off. Try a 12mg or 18mg eliquid to start with and you can reduce it slowly to 6 or 3. Higher watts means more power therefore more heat and more cloud/vapour/flavour. The ohm rating of the coil determines the maximum power it handle.

​Thank you

Original Poster

Bstard

don't get bogged down with volts and watts just yet, go to Poundland and … don't get bogged down with volts and watts just yet, go to Poundland and get a clearomisor, a battery and some juice all for £3. Their juice have 18 mg of nicotine.

​Thank you

Original Poster

Jason89

http://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/aspire-mini-odyssey-kit-tc-inc-free-battery-free-delivery/This is the Mod I have its more of a smoking replacement rather than a cloud chaser ( loads of smoke)

​Thank you

Original Poster

archer1204

If you seriously want to give up then stop smoking … If you seriously want to give up then stop smoking altogether.Congratulations when you stop smoking you have made the right decision.

​Thank you

Original Poster

mattsokolinski

Don't buy powerful mods if you starting to quit. 18mg of nicotine even at … Don't buy powerful mods if you starting to quit. 18mg of nicotine even at 30w will taste horrible and will put you off forever. Good startup device is one of the itaste vv 3 or 4 Innokin iTaste VV4.0 (1000mah, Chromatic) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QH0DC7U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.CRVxbSWD4K5F Buy kanger protank mini or regular and then some liquids. You won't have to fiddle with different pg/vg ratios don't have to worry about nicotine content and taste. Your only worry is to find new liquids that you like and replace the coil every week (10quid for 5).Suggested this to several people and worked for them. Obviously one size doesn't fit all but worth having a look

​Thank you

Have you tried to go cold turkey or is this the path you want to go down

Go for the innokin coolfire 4 plus, internal battery that lasts a god day and a half with moderate to heavy use before needing to charge and you can use it while charging.
It comes in a kit with either a sub v or sub apex tank, both are good and very easy to use. I was a 50 a day smoker and switched to this in April and haven't had one since. Get you liquid form one pound liquid, great quality and the price means you can try a few to find one you like.
I started on 24mg but very soon was down to 18mg, i am now on 6mg liquid, good luck, but with this set up you shouldn't need it. I found Amazon the cheapest place to buy.

Original Poster

archer1204

Have you tried to go cold turkey or is this the path you want to go down

​I've tried cold Turkey loads of times. The thing is and some may laugh, but I smoke no more than 6 fags a day, but this is also why it's so difficult because I'm in the precarious position, because I don't smoke much, that I believe I can stop when I want and just one won't hurt but I've been having that just one for years now, so I obviously can't do it cold Turkey. Thanks for commenting

Original Poster

Argoj

Go for the innokin coolfire 4 plus, internal battery that lasts a god day … Go for the innokin coolfire 4 plus, internal battery that lasts a god day and a half with moderate to heavy use before needing to charge and you can use it while charging. It comes in a kit with either a sub v or sub apex tank, both are good and very easy to use. I was a 50 a day smoker and switched to this in April and haven't had one since. Get you liquid form one pound liquid, great quality and the price means you can try a few to find one you like. I started on 24mg but very soon was down to 18mg, i am now on 6mg liquid, good luck, but with this set up you shouldn't need it. I found Amazon the cheapest place to buy.

​Ordered exactly this one hour ago. Can I ask what coils you use with yours please. Thank you

Burkos

​Ordered exactly this one hour ago. Can I ask what coils you use with y … ​Ordered exactly this one hour ago. Can I ask what coils you use with yours please. Thank you

I started off with the 0.5 ohm kanthal coils, tried a couple of their others (stainless and clapton) but prefer the 0.5 ohms. I then got one of the isub RBA decks (£5 at the mo from Amazon) and now make my own coils, but I do go back to 0.5's now and again.

If you're going to be sub ohm ( Below 1.2ohms ) vaping then max nicotine level I'd go would be 6-8mg, Anything over that will probably burn your lips.!.

once you're upto speed a little on ecig batteries, atomisers and juice etc, visit fasttech.com, tons of stuff on there and at great prices, shipping takes a while but if you order in advance you'll save a fortune.

shauneco

If you're going to be sub ohm ( Below 1.2ohms ) vaping then max nicotine … If you're going to be sub ohm ( Below 1.2ohms ) vaping then max nicotine level I'd go would be 6-8mg, Anything over that will probably burn your lips.!.

The burning lip at higher nic levels is rubbish. Using sub ohm means more vapor which means you take in more nicotine per puff. I went from 50 roll ups a day to 24mg, it made me light headed but I did not have any with drawl symptoms, after 10 days went down to 18mg and 10 days later 12mg and am now on 6mg. I have tried 0mg but that's when i start having with drawls. Going to start mixing 4mg (2 10ml bottles of 6g and 1 0mg) and see how I go with that,
Edited by: "Argoj" 29th Aug 2016

Argoj

The burning lip at higher nic levels is rubbish. Using sub ohm means more … The burning lip at higher nic levels is rubbish. Using sub ohm means more vapor which means you take in more nicotine per puff. I went from 50 roll ups a day to 24mg, it made me light headed but I did not have any with drawl symptoms, after 10 days went down to 18mg and 10 days later 12mg and am now on 6mg. I have tried 0mg but that's when i start having with drawls. Going to start mixing 4mg (2 10ml bottles of 6g and 1 0mg) and see how I go with that,

When I tried vaping 12mg nicotine on 20 watts, It burns your lips, the lower the nicotine level the more vapour produced, It has something to do with the vg/pg too.

I vaped onepoundliquid on a Kangertech Subtank and innokin MVP2.0 and had to reduce my nicotine level, I wasn't the only one, 6mg was fine.

Try vaping 0% nicotine and watch the clouds ;).

I guess it could be different for other tanks but was impossible on my setup.!

shauneco

When I tried vaping 12mg nicotine on 20 watts, It burns your lips, the … When I tried vaping 12mg nicotine on 20 watts, It burns your lips, the lower the nicotine level the more vapour produced, It has something to do with the vg/pg too.I vaped onepoundliquid on a Kangertech Subtank and innokin MVP2.0 and had to reduce my nicotine level, I wasn't the only one, 6mg was fine.Try vaping 0% nicotine and watch the clouds ;).I guess it could be different for other tanks but was impossible on my setup.!

You might be right,come to think about it I started off with a plastic drip tip and it did get hot, changed to a stainless one and it was fine. Never considered that the nic level was the problem. Apologies, you live and learn.

Argoj

You might be right,come to think about it I started off with a plastic … You might be right,come to think about it I started off with a plastic drip tip and it did get hot, changed to a stainless one and it was fine. Never considered that the nic level was the problem. Apologies, you live and learn.

It was a lesson for me lol, The extra vape you get from sub ohming more than makes up for the lack of mg, You get a much better vape.!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769297
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604801
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions