E-ON Central Heating Maintenance Contracts

Found 30th Apr 2012
I have a central heating maintenance contract with E-on (£16.50 per month) so I rang them to organise an engineer call out because my boiler loses all pressure after a few hours.
They said the earliest they could get an engineer to come out and look at it was 25 days, and in the meantime I should try and locate the leak which is probably causing the pressure to drop.
Is it me or do you think this is unreasonable ?
Community Updates
MiscMobile Phone
15 Comments
it is unreasonable yes, but it is hardly an emergency either unless you got a bad leak somewhere, have you checked all radiators to make sure they are not leaking? Does it go from full pressure to zero? where it wont work
If you have young kids I would say yes it is an emergency it is dropping to near freezing at night outside. But you should be able to find where the leak is if it's dropping to zero so quick.

Are you sure the pressure release valve isn't stuck open.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 30th Apr 2012
25 days - WTF!

that is ridiculous

My pump packed in this morning and I rang my insurance and an engineer is coming at midday. Home emergency cover is included free with Sheilas Wheels (£140 for buildings, contents, home emergency cover, legal cover and £45 cashback and I had a claim of £500 last year - top company!)
csiman

25 days - WTF!that is ridiculousMy pump packed in this morning and I rang … 25 days - WTF!that is ridiculousMy pump packed in this morning and I rang my insurance and an engineer is coming at midday. Home emergency cover is included free with Sheilas Wheels (£140 for buildings, contents, home emergency cover, legal cover and £45 cashback and I had a claim of £500 last year - top company!)

interesting to know, my home/buildings insurance is due for renewal soon, will deffo be looking at them, thanks

I am taking it that it needs to have broken down completely before that cover comes into play, rather than an odd red working, or intermittant problems, etc,etc think mine actually has this cover to, misread and thought it was like a cover for all central heating cover

Edited by: "sassie" 30th Apr 2012
csiman

25 days - WTF!that is ridiculousMy pump packed in this morning and I rang … 25 days - WTF!that is ridiculousMy pump packed in this morning and I rang my insurance and an engineer is coming at midday. Home emergency cover is included free with Sheilas Wheels (£140 for buildings, contents, home emergency cover, legal cover and £45 cashback and I had a claim of £500 last year - top company!)

will have to give them a call,as that rate is awesome. ive got 4 years no claims with previous companies so will see what they say.
csiman

How many home emergency cover calls can you make in a given year? So are boiler repairs included in the home emergency cover?
Home emergency cover

Sheilas' Wheels home emergency cover offers peace of mind when you need it most - immediately after a domestic emergency in your home. So if your central heating breaks down, or your drains become blocked, all you need to do is call our helpline and we'll arrange for a reputable contractor to come to your house and carry out emergency repairs.

No ringing around, no "out of hours" rates - we will pay, subject to an overall limit of £500, including VAT, per claim for the call out charge, labour costs and parts and materials.

All this is available for FREE for the first year of your policy when bought online and there's even no limit to the number of times you can use the service.
csi man, dont know how you got a quote that cheap.......
Thanks sas!!!!!
EN1GMA

csi man, dont know how you got a quote that cheap.......

my mistake! It was £161 so £115 after cashback:-

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot068.jpg
sassie

Home emergency coverSheilas' Wheels home emergency cover offers peace of … Home emergency coverSheilas' Wheels home emergency cover offers peace of mind when you need it most - immediately after a domestic emergency in your home. So if your central heating breaks down, or your drains become blocked, all you need to do is call our helpline and we'll arrange for a reputable contractor to come to your house and carry out emergency repairs.No ringing around, no "out of hours" rates - we will pay, subject to an overall limit of £500, including VAT, per claim for the call out charge, labour costs and parts and materials.All this is available for FREE for the first year of your policy when bought online and there's even no limit to the number of times you can use the service.

its actually £500 for labour, call out isnt included in the £500 and £100 for parts so although not comprehensive, will cover most boiler breakdowns. I made sure the engineer had the part on his van before booking him in lol (didnt want him disappearing for 2 hours to find the pump )
just been on there csi man and can't see the offer of any cash back. but generally looks competitive so will do more digging around on their site. The fact you can call them out unlimited amounts of time seems pretty good.
EN1GMA

just been on there csi man and can't see the offer of any cash back. but … just been on there csi man and can't see the offer of any cash back. but generally looks competitive so will do more digging around on their site. The fact you can call them out unlimited amounts of time seems pretty good.

the cashback will probably be through quidco or topcashback, or another site similiar, or somewhere like compare the market
sassie

the cashback will probably be through quidco or topcashback, or another … the cashback will probably be through quidco or topcashback, or another site similiar, or somewhere like compare the market

yep

topcashback.co.uk/she…ce/
csiman

my mistake! It was £161 so £115 after cashback:-

my mistake again - that pic was my renewal quote. Went online again and same risk, new customer, better premium lol (£102 premium is amazing tbh)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot069-1.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants