E03 error message on Hoover washer dryer.

Found 17th Aug 2018
Hi all,

I need some advice about a washer dryer.

It''s just over a year old and comes up with error E03, which is a problem with the drainage. I've checked the filter and drainage hose and nothing is there. I then did a 90 deg wash with some soda crystals. Which seemed to fix it. However, three more washes later the same error message has appeared. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?
Community Updates
AskHome & LivingHoover
13 Comments
We have the hoover washer and the same thing happened, luckily we were still under guarantee so they replaced a part. If I remember rightly it was something to do with a faulty part in the washer and not an actual drainage problem. The engineer did say it’s a common problem with these machines. Hope this is some help
Thanks for your help. What I find strange is that cleaning it stopped the problem, but now it's back again.
Do you use liquid /gel? These cause a black sludge, which people often mistake for grease. This can build up on micro-switches and cause fault codes etc. This could be why cleaning it sorted it for a while. Also, people wash at lower temperatures, so the bacteria can build up in this residue and this exacerbates the problem.
Read this for more info
Searching Google for hoover e03 brings up quite a lot of YouTube videos. Might be worth a look.
Thanks for commenting. No we only use washing powder. Most of the time we wash at 60degC.
Normally there's an impeller that pumps the water out. This could be failing.
Sounds obvious, but firstly check if there’s a kink or whatever in the drain pipe.
It's just finished another 90degC cycle now with no problem. I'm at a loss.
Edited by: "markpj777" 17th Aug 2018
Here's a link that might be some help, you have to input your model number. I was hoping there would be an online chat service, maybe you can get redirected to it.

service.hoover.co.uk/adv…rs/
Take your filter out that is on the front off the machine at the bottom there is a flap and clean it out it will be all blocked up I had the same issue clean out the Filter and it’s all fixed now.
Edited by: "luke_ridley" 17th Aug 2018
luke_ridley12 h, 5 m ago

Take your filter out that is on the front off the machine at the bottom …Take your filter out that is on the front off the machine at the bottom there is a flap and clean it out it will be all blocked up I had the same issue clean out the Filter and it’s all fixed now.

Thanks. Checked the filter and its clear and also checked the hose connection to the sink. Again all clear.
luke_ridley12 h, 28 m ago

Take your filter out that is on the front off the machine at the bottom …Take your filter out that is on the front off the machine at the bottom there is a flap and clean it out it will be all blocked up I had the same issue clean out the Filter and it’s all fixed now.

Thanks I'll take a look.
We had a similar issue we disconnected the pipe checked it it was clear We couldn’t figure it out so dig deeper and found the problem was the outlet pipe it was connected to that was blocked nothing to do with the machine. Micro crystals may of eased the blockage a little in the main outlet pipe that’s why it’s intermittent. Worth a look
Edited by: "msjames" 20th Aug 2018
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants